God’s Love Is Better Than Life Itself !!!!!!

09 Sep

“Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee”. (Psalm 63:3)

David wrote this Psalm while he was on the run in the desert of Judah from his son Absalom. The prince had created a rebellion against King David and had captured Jerusalem. David was left alone, he had been deserted by his friends, and he had to leave his palace and his family and possessions. David escaped into the wild desert with only the clothes he had on his back. Can you imagine the despair he must have been in?

Perhaps you are in despair today, or most certainly you have experienced it sometime in the past. Did you feel like God had left you alone, that you had nowhere to turn? In these times know that you are NEVER abandoned by God. David cried out, “Oh God, you are my God”.

I see 3 things in this Psalm that David discovered.

First, he declares that he thirsted and was hungry for the presence of God.

“O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is”;  (Psalm 63:1)

Secondly, he sought after God earnestly. He said he would seek God in verse 1.

The word he used has the word picture of a shepherd seriously studying the sky for the first glimmer of sunshine after a long night of protecting his sheep.

Lastly, David remembered a time in his life when he was prostate in the tabernacle and in the visible presence of God Himself.

“To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary”.  (Vs. 2)

And finally in verse 3 that we started with David declares that God’s love is better than life itself.

Can you say like David that God’s love is better than life? When you are in the dark pit of despair, seek God, throw yourself into His loving arms, and remember the glory of His presence of days past. Only then, like David , will your soul be satisfied as we are with the most wonderful food (vs.5), and under the protection of His wings you can sing for joy (vs.7).

In your time of grief and despair I pray that you will be able to say that God’s right hand held you up and carried you through.

Shalom until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on September 9, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 responses to “God’s Love Is Better Than Life Itself !!!!!!

1. Skye

September 9, 2014 at 4:26 am

Beautifully penned, Dearest Levi. Your words touched my heart deeply this morning. Blessings on your day!!

2. Mon Ange

September 9, 2014 at 4:31 am

Good word! Amen!

3. wisediscerner

September 9, 2014 at 4:47 am

More times than I can count has God’s right hand held me up and carried me through… beautifully written. Thank you for the reminder of God’s blessings! May God bless you today.

4. Heather

September 9, 2014 at 7:48 am

We are never alone! Thanks for the reminder today Levi! 🙂 If I just focus on the times God has come through for me in the past it makes all the difference on how I view the problems ahead of me. Have a wonderful day!

September 9, 2014 at 8:28 am

We know what to do, sometimes we only need to be reminded. Have a great day, Heather!!

5. Michael

September 9, 2014 at 9:51 am

Love these words, Levi. Yes! I love him more than life itself, and I can’t wait to be with him. I understand this scenario, of seeking God even when I’m hurting. Some people get angry and forsake God. But whether our situations change or not, he should satisfy our souls. We must persevere.

September 9, 2014 at 12:30 pm

We must persevere. It is He that lives within us so we have no lack of power!

6. rhsministries

September 9, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Reblogged this on R.H.S. Ministries.

7. IrmMa

September 9, 2014 at 9:46 pm

What an awesome God we serve! Deuteronomy 31:6
    “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Thank you Levi for your willingness to serve and obedience to the things of God. To God be the glory. Be blessed.

September 10, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Thank you for that reminder once again. Yes I have experienced God holding me up through the worst despair I ever experienced, when my son took his own life. Praise God that He never left me, even when I didn’t know him. Shortly after that time was when I got saved!

September 10, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Praise The Lord for saving you. I’m so sorry to hear of your son. So sorry!! I’m thankful He has given you peace now. Bless you, my sister.