A Huge Answer To Prayer !!!!!!

10 Sep

A few days ago I joined The Acts 12 Movement here on WordPress. Here is the Link: The Acts 12 Movement. This is a prayer only site that prays bold prayers for God to move in seemingly impossible situations. This site excited me because I believe that bold specific prayer is much needed, and there isn’t much of it. I have taken part on a daily basis praying for whatever their topic is of the day.

Today, the subject was to pray for those with drug addicted family members and loved ones. I have shared before on this blog that we have a grown daughter that has had a drug problem for a few years now. We are raising her oldest son, and the father of the second son is raising him. She has lost her job, vehicle, and is about to lose her home. She hasn’t worked in 20 months. We completely supported her for 14 months and showed grace upon grace to her. Early this year we resorted to tough love. We could never get her to respond, or go in for any type of treatment. She had nothing but a heart of hate towards all of her loved ones.

We continued to pray for her and have always been here for her but nothing seemed to change. Last week my wife spoke to a lady at the Celebrate Recovery. My wife spoke to our daughter about this but she would never commit to go to the Tuesday night meeting. As of last night she was not going. Only about 30 minutes before the meeting was to start my wife received a phone call and the daughter said she wanted to go. This is the first time she has ever conceded to receive any assistance. Praise The Lord!!! He does answer the prayers of His people. And I believe this will be the start of her recovery and healing.

I already have an update. My wife just came in the house from the meeting and our daughter was all ears and wants to return next week. She liked the people at Celebrate Recovery and everything about it. This is very encouraging!

I just had to give the honor and Praise to God for moving in our daughters heart. There is NOTHING to big for our great and majestic God. Prayer does change things!!!

KEEP PRAYING!!!

Shalom, until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on September 10, 2014 in Christianity, Drug addiction, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

47 responses to “A Huge Answer To Prayer !!!!!!

1. The Soldier's Sanctuary

September 10, 2014 at 4:12 am

In our prayer and praise the Lord for all the progress that has been made and will be made.

2. Caged No More

September 10, 2014 at 4:39 am

This is such great news, dear friend!!! I, too, praise God for this amazing change! He is truly Our Healer, The Great Physician, our best friend. God bless you guys! Sending prayers and love your way! 🙂

September 10, 2014 at 5:57 am

You’re so kind and I thank you so much!! Our only hope is in Jesus in this situation and He is the Great Physician and Healer. Her change is truly His doing. Have a wonderful day, my friend!!!

3. Skye

September 10, 2014 at 4:46 am

Dearest Levi, I am so happy that she attended and enjoyed it. I will be praying on Tuesday mornings that nothing would prevent her from going in the evening–no scheme of the devil or fear within herself would hold her back. I am rejoicing with you this day! God is so good; He truly hears our prayers.

September 10, 2014 at 5:53 am

Skye, such a change in her so quickly. It can only be The Lord. Thank you for your prayers for her. No doubt He hears and answers them. Have a great day!!!😀

4. wisediscerner

September 10, 2014 at 4:53 am

That is an awesome testimony, Levi. Thank you for sharing that. So uplifting and encouraging. I will hold her up in prayer that God will deliver her totally and do a miraculous work through her in Jesus name. God bless you today.

September 10, 2014 at 5:51 am

Thanks so much, Sherlyn. This is huge because she’s never wanted help before. I appreciate your continued prayers!!

5. wingedprisms

September 10, 2014 at 7:09 am

Levi – this is awesome news! Thank you so much for sharing this – now you have more people praying. Yay God! 😀
    cate

September 10, 2014 at 7:48 am

Thank you, Cate. I appreciate you very much. God gets the glory!!

6. atimetoshare

September 10, 2014 at 7:11 am

I praise and thank God along with you for an answer to prayer. He never fails to listen to us. I also believe in the power of community prayer. I will continue to pray for your daughter and for strength for you and your wife. God bless all of you.

7. Karen Pickering

September 10, 2014 at 7:35 am

Levi, What an answer to prayer!!! Having a prodigal child is beyond difficult. Know I will pray for your daughter to continue what she has begun. Thanking God for His work in her life. Praying you and your wife have continued wisdom and strength.

8. Family to the 5 Power!

September 10, 2014 at 7:38 am

Such a blessing and an encouragement to not give up on prayer. When prayer seems to go endlessly unanswered, stories such as this about your daughter’s change of heart are a great encouragement. God bless you, your wife, and your precious daughter!

September 10, 2014 at 7:53 am

You’re very kind. We won’t give up praying. This is a huge first move for sure. Thanks so much!!!

9. Heather

September 10, 2014 at 7:56 am

Oh Levi! How awesome to see your prayers responded to so clearly! I will pray for you guys! We have 2 in our family going down a similar road. Nothing is too big for our GOD. Hallelujah!

September 10, 2014 at 8:01 am

Isn’t it awesome? Drugs are terrible for all concerned. God is working something different in all of us. He gets the glory!!

10. IrmMa

September 10, 2014 at 8:29 am

This is awesome! Praise the Lord! Drugs alter our being, but God, our Creator can restore us…all for the glory of Him. Wait on Him. He surely is working different in all of us, Levi. Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.

September 10, 2014 at 9:31 am

Thank you for your wise words, IrmMa. May your day be blessed!!!

• IrmMa

September 10, 2014 at 10:42 am

God is good. Many blessings to you and yours…

11. David C. Hughes, Writer

September 10, 2014 at 9:25 am

Praise Jesus, Levi! I believe with all my soul in the power of prayer. My brother is going through a tough time with his wife, and we’ve been praying for healing and restoration of their marriage. Recently my brother’s wife consented to attending marriage counseling, a major breakthrough as she believed there was nothing wrong with their marriage even though they lived under the same roof in two different parts of the house. “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” –James 5:16 NKJV. Be blessed!

September 10, 2014 at 9:34 am

God does work amazing feats through our prayers. Praise The Lord for working in your s-i-l’s heart. He is able!!!

12. ritarivera

September 10, 2014 at 10:41 am

What encouraging news, Levi! There’s hope for everyone’s struggles and weaknesses. I highly recommend Extravagant Grace by Barbara Duguid. In it you will see what the Lord is up to.

13. Stacy Tolbert

September 10, 2014 at 11:18 am

I am celebrating this victory with you and your family brother Levi, and I will keep your daughter in my prayer. Drug addiction is a very powerful addiction, “BUT” there is absolutely nothing too powerful or too big for our God. I declare total victory over your daughter’s life “NOW” in Jesus name.

September 10, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Thank you so much Stacy continued prayer is needed, but this is a real start, lord bless you!!

14. Sheila

September 10, 2014 at 12:36 pm

This is great news, Levi! I didn’t know you had this problem in your family, but am so glad you took the route of tough love. We worked in a drug rehab center, and usually people were pushed to get help only when that was applied. We are praying for your daughter to surrender to the Lord, for we know that is the only thing that will give her life meaning and set her free. Thanks for sharing, so we can pray with you!

September 10, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Hello, Sheila. Yes, I had written about it once. I do appreciate you praying for her. It means a lot!!! Drugs are not a respecter of persons or families. I see it everywhere. Lord bless you!!!

• Sheila

September 10, 2014 at 3:44 pm

You’re right there. We saw it in all kings of families and people, and still do. Satan attacks in whatever ways he can. But he is already defeated.

15. Sharon

September 10, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I am rejoicing with you Levi! I was so glad to see that God’s work in your daughter is beginning to take root. Prayer is such a wonderful thing. God’s glory demonstrated in answered prayer is so awesome, comforting, exhilarating, revealing, wonderful and every other great adjective. Nothing better. Our God is great!!!! Looking forward to hearing of the further work of the Lord in your daughter.

September 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm

You described it wonderfully, Sharon. We are so thankful. Thank you for the encouragement and prayers.

16. ropheka

September 10, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I am filled with joy at your news.

Sometimes it takes years before our prayers are answered.

I know,

I have been praying for a relative to go to anger managment classes but he refuses. Then he finally went but all they did was sit there and write without taking with him. I am praying he gets into Christian councelling

September 10, 2014 at 5:04 pm

It does take years at times, but God is faithful. We must be weary in well doing but continue to pray. Thank you so much for your encouragement! Lord bless.

September 10, 2014 at 6:47 pm

This is wonderful news and a step in the right direction! Praying she continues with these meetings and is able to rid herself of this addiction. I know how tough it is to watch a child go through this –I’m happy to say that my daughter has been off drugs now for 13 years and I pray she never falls back into them.

18. Levi Thetford

September 10, 2014 at 7:17 pm

So you can identify, Elaine. I pray your daughter never has the thought again as well. Thank you for your always encouraging words. Lord bless you! 🙂

19. mzpresser

September 10, 2014 at 9:15 pm

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

20. Debbie

September 10, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I I am crying tears of gratitude for what God is doing in your daughter’s life. This is so huge and so amazing ! I am praying now . . .
    Lord, You are her hiding place,
    You shall preserve her from trouble,
    You shall surround her with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

Thank,you so so much for sharing this with us, dear Levi! Gob bless you and your prayers!

September 11, 2014 at 5:30 am

Debbie, thank you so much for your prayer and encouragement and concern. This has been a hard road but The Lord has been gracious through it. Thanks again, dear sister!!!🌺

September 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Wow praise God! Praying for her still!

September 11, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Thanks, SJ. Continued prayers are needed and appreciated.

22. Susan Irene Fox

September 11, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Levi, I had been praying for you, but will add your daughter to my prayers now. What a true blessing; praise God. He can accomplish what we cannot. Thank you for sharing this and giving us all hope for our lost ones.

September 11, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Susan, you really are a Sweetheart. Thank you very much! Yes, there is always hope. In fact, hope is what we live for in more areas than one. Be blessed my girl!!💐

23. Annie

September 11, 2014 at 6:01 pm

God is good all the time. All the time God is good. I am praying and keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

September 11, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Thank you very much, Annie. I appreciate you very much!!!😀

24. K. Q. Duane

September 11, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I’ll pray for your daughter’s continued recovery. I’m sure you are prepared for the next bump in the road. I lost my dear cousin, first to drugs, and finally to overdose. Drug addiction is a heart wrenching curse for everyone, but especially for those who love the addict. I will pray for you and your dear wife as well as for her innocent children too.

September 12, 2014 at 6:10 am

This is no easy task on any body. I’m sure there will be bumps but trusting that God will bring her through.