No God ??????

23 Sep

“Beloved brethren and sisters in Christ, I think that you and I can say, that to us the surest fact in all the world is that there is a God. No God? I live in him. Tell a fish in the sea there is no water. No God? Tell a man who is breathing that there is no air. No God? I dare not come downstairs without speaking to him. No God? I would not think of closing my eyes in sleep unless I had some sense of his love shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost. ‘Oh!’ says one, ‘I have lived fifty years, and I have never felt anything of God.’ Say that you had been dead fifty years; that is nearer to the mark. But if you had been quickened by the Holy Spirit fifty minutes, this would have been the first fact in the front rank of all fact, God is, and he is my Father, and I am his child. Now you become sentient to his frown, his smile, his threat, or his promise. You feel him; his presence is photographed upon your spirit; your very heart trembles with awe of him, and you say with Jacob, ‘Surely God is in this place.’ That is one result of spiritual life”

(C. H. Spurgeon, Sermon No. 2267, “Life from the Dead,” delivered March 13, 1890 at the Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington)

Something to think about on this beautiful Tuesday.

Shalom, until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Tags: , , , , , ,

24 responses to “No God ??????

1. mzpresser

September 23, 2014 at 4:35 am

🙂

September 23, 2014 at 4:42 am

“the first fact in the front rank of all fact” – Mr S doing a Mr S! 🙂

September 23, 2014 at 9:39 am

He never stops being himself which is always a life and mouthpiece for our Lord!!!

3. thenoveilst

September 23, 2014 at 4:58 am

Recommended reading: The Bhagavad-Gita As It Is translated by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja. This is the preliminary literature for understanding who we are, what is our ultimate purpose in life and Who God is, in truth, spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, five thousand years ago; the Supreme anthropologist. You might find some interesting insights on my blog page. Blessed be.

4. Skye

September 23, 2014 at 5:07 am

Surely God is in this place…surely God is in me. I loved this, Dear Levi! Have a lovely day!!

September 23, 2014 at 9:46 am

And You,have a lovely day as well, dear girl. We are heading to the West coast tomorrow for a few days. Stay safe and be blessed!!!😀

• Skye

September 23, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Wow…you are quite the traveler. I will be keeping you in prayer (as always). You stay safe!! May your trip be filled with many blessings!!! Hugs!!!

5. Moore to ponder

September 23, 2014 at 5:33 am

There is an old gospel song we used to sing at a church we attended about 15 years ago. It was called “My God Is real”. This post made me think of it. Thank you for sharing it.

Blessings,
    Theresa

September 23, 2014 at 9:42 am

My pleasure Theresa. I’m not familiar with the song off hand. I shall look it up. Have a great day!! 😀

6. njordan1338

September 23, 2014 at 7:57 am

When I was a boy, our choir used to sing a song with an upbeat tempo titled “God Is Not Dead – He’s Yet Alive!!! My favorite part was “I can feel Him in my hands, feel Him in my feet, I can feel Him all over me.

This post has fired me up and was timely. I have just finished praying and I had to repent because I had gotten too far away from Him. Thank you and God bless you!!!

September 23, 2014 at 9:59 am

I’m glad you’re fired up this morning by the song. You are the 2nd person to tell me of this song. I’m going to look it up. Thanks for sharing your feelings today. God bless you my brother!!!

7. Rita Evelyn Yanez

September 23, 2014 at 9:15 am

What a beautiful morning meditation. I LOVE Jesus so much. He’s on my mind 24/7. I mean, all day long. God bless — thanks for making my morning bright!

8. Cynthia Reyes

September 23, 2014 at 10:18 am

Thank you, Levi, for this morning’s gift.

September 23, 2014 at 10:23 am

My pleasure “young lady”. And here is something to add a wee bit of fragrance with your beautiful flowers at home. 💐. Enjoy your day!!!

9. jacqui aka shofargirl

September 23, 2014 at 6:17 pm

He is the finest of the finest isn’t he?!! Just loved this …. such spiritual food ….Praise God!

September 23, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Jacqui, you can’t beat Spurgeon. He’s the cream. Glad to hear from you. Rosy hashanah starts tomorrow night.

10. godchangeslifes146

September 23, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Great post mate. It is very deep and in a loving way. God bless and may you have a pleasant day.

September 23, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Thank you. He makes the point in a nice way. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day on the continent down under!

11. Susan Irene Fox

September 24, 2014 at 4:23 pm

This is a true gem. I’m going to have to read more of Spurgeon. Wise man.

September 24, 2014 at 6:30 pm

He is one of the best ever even though he’s been dead over 120 years. Hope all is well Miss Susan!!!😀

September 25, 2014 at 1:13 am

Spurgeon really has a way with words; this line is similar to how the apologist Cornelius Van Til and Greg Bahnsen gives analogy of how we need God in order for anything to make sense: ““Beloved brethren and sisters in Christ, I think that you and I can say, that to us the surest fact in all the world is that there is a God. No God? I live in him. Tell a fish in the sea there is no water. No God? Tell a man who is breathing that there is no air. No God? ”
    I wonder if they got it from Spurgeon first!
    Nothing new under the Sun I suppose!

September 25, 2014 at 7:11 am

Yes, Spurgeon could paint a picture with words. I would be surprised if the 2 apologists you mentioned didn’t read some Spurgeon. Most Calvinist have read him I’m sure for the last 100 years or so. You’re right, there’s nothing new under the sun. A lot of times it isn’t even repackaged.