On Our Way Home Again !!!!!!

30 Sep

This was suppose to have posted yesterday but due to our difficulties at O’Hare Airport in Chicago I wasn’t able to get it posted.

We just boarded our plane in Portland, Oregon on our way home to Oklahoma (Sunday). We are running 2 hours behind our original departure time so we are certainly going to miss our connection in Chicago for our final leg home. It appears there was a fire Friday in the Chicago Air Traffic Control unit. It has fights cancelled, or running late all over the country.

When I was younger this type of thing would have upset me. Today, it is a minor annoyance, if that. This too shall pass. In the scope of the “Big Picture” it doesn’t even register as a blip. For whatever reason we were not to be on time as tens of thousands of others.

The trip was a good one. Levi II is doing excellent with his left hand after severing the fingers in April. He’s not able to fully use the hand; it is more like a helper hand with limited usage. He has dealt with it very well and has not been slowed down except some projects may take him a little longer. He is quite a good builder like the rest of the Thetford boys. They just recently moved into the new home they built in the country. He has almost completed his first building on the property; a new well house complete with porch and all. He did a really great job on it.

Little Miss Beautiful (Eisley) was a delight the whole trip. She is our youngest grand daughter at 2 years. I tried to nickname her Skeeter but she didn’t go for it. I think another day or two and she would have. I rarely call any loved one by their names. I make up special names for “Special” people. I’m not sure why but I always have.

Notice the hair on Miss Eisley. It truly is incredible. I asked her if she would share some of her hair with her half-bald Poppie but she wouldn’t go for that either.

eisley3

eisley2

We want to thank Amy, Levi II, and Eisley for yet another nice time. The food was great, your home is beautiful and comfortable, but most of all, because of who you are. You are true followers of the Lord Jesus. Your spirits are sweet and polite and calm and very peaceful. It is always a treat to be around you and we love the three of you.

The Lord gives us many wonderful gifts and is good to us as His children. David speaks of it: ” Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!” (Psalm 34:8).

Before you can attribute these gifts and goodness to God you must take refuge in Him. If you don’t know Him today, run to that permanent hiding place and be protected by His mighty hands.

PS: All of the above was written on Sunday morning on the plane. As an aside to the above incident, we were not able to leave Chicago an had to spend the night there. We were fortunate to be home Monday night. Again, the Lord was gracious to us. When I spoke to the airline employees after missing our flight we spoke to the nicest and most helpful ones I’ve spoken to in a very long time. She looked at every available scenario to get us home. When she was finished my wife and I had first-class tickets and she also threw in a very nice room at the Crown Plaza Hotel. We didn’t ask for any of this. When I spoke with other people who had been stranded in the airport for 2 days I knew we had been blessed. The Lord’s blessings are never ending.

Something to think about on this beautiful Tuesday,

Shalom, until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on September 30, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Family, Grand children, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

36 responses to “On Our Way Home Again !!!!!!

September 30, 2014 at 11:18 am

You are definitely blessed Levi. Beautiful grand daughter, believing children, and a very nice and helpful ticket agent. You got it going, guy. lol

September 30, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I’m definitely blessed and don’t deserve it. Hope you’re doing well, Sue.

September 30, 2014 at 11:19 am

oops. I forgot – and a beautiful and wonderful wife – even though I haven’t met her.

3. realchange4u

September 30, 2014 at 11:24 am

Good reports make my day Levi. So sorry about your son’s fingers.

September 30, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Good news is better to hear than bad for sure. Have a great day!!!

4. atimetoshare

September 30, 2014 at 11:24 am

Ridley is adorable. Grandkids make life so much more blessed. Glad you got home safely.

September 30, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Thanks, Kathy. Now catch up. This week I’m at the Tulsa State Fair as a Master Gardener and next week I’ll return to NY. Busy busy!! Lol

• atimetoshare

September 30, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Omg I guess auto correct didn’t accept your granddaughter’s name. Sorry! I thought I was busy. You need some time off!

September 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Eisley is an unusual name. I don’t need time off, I’m always off. Lol.

• atimetoshare

September 30, 2014 at 12:46 pm

You are one of the most “on” people I know. 😇

5. The True Light!

September 30, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Another beautiful “share” my brother!

TTL

September 30, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Beautiful grandchild! Love her hair! Glad you made it home okay finally.

7. Julie Harris

September 30, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Your post made me smile…God is good, and His blessings are abundant!!

September 30, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Very abundant, Julie. Hope you and your family are doing well. 🙂

8. Denine Taylor

September 30, 2014 at 4:59 pm

your granddaughter is simply ADORABLE! Yes, and all that hair…Love it! You are blessed and truly a blessing!

9. wingedprisms

October 1, 2014 at 8:05 am

Lovely post and sounds like you had a lovely trip. And yes, your grand daughter is beautiful!
    cate

10. beverley

October 1, 2014 at 10:51 am

When life is not happening the way i think it should and i begin to huff and puff, i am gently reminded that God has his hand on it, whatever it is and all i need is a little more faith. I am glad that you had a good trip.

October 1, 2014 at 10:58 am

Thank you, Beverley. Sometimes we can get out of whack but in the end it doesn’t change the circumstances and can make them worse. The Lord has changed me over the years. Lord bless you!!!

11. Heather

October 1, 2014 at 12:39 pm

So glad y’all made it home safe! My cousin in NC was having flight problems the same day trying to fly to AZ! Chicago sure knows how to shut the airways down!

October 1, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Thanks dear girl. Chicago is a main hub so if they have problems all fliers have problems. Lol

12. Susan Irene Fox

October 1, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Levi, you always bless my day. Eisley is adorable, your son and daughter-in-law sound lovely, and your comment made me smile: “When I spoke to the airline employees after missing our flight we spoke to the nicest and most helpful ones I’ve spoken to in a very long time.” I have to believe your attitude toward toward them had something to do with that. That is you showing the heart of Jesus, my friend. You simmer in His joy in all circumstances.

October 1, 2014 at 2:29 pm

You’re being very kind today, Susan. Not that you always aren’t. Lol. Thank you for all and thank the Lord!!! 🌺🌹

October 2, 2014 at 11:34 am

How precious.
    By the way I’m going to be visiting your state this week for the first time

October 2, 2014 at 11:35 am

Neat. Where are you going to be?

• SLIMJIM

October 2, 2014 at 11:39 am

The place is called Hiawatha

October 2, 2014 at 11:54 am

Not sure where it is. Is it close to Tulsa?

• SLIMJIM

October 3, 2014 at 12:59 am

Sorry I made a mistake! I confused Kansas for Oklahoma. I flew into Missouri and am now in Kansas and might be going to Nebraska tommorow

14. Elouise

October 2, 2014 at 11:57 am

Hi, Levi! I can’t believe it! We were in Portland, also…and got caught in the Minneapolis airport late Friday. Thankfully, we were only 2 hours late getting away for our flight home to Philly. Your life sounds packed, with never a dull moment! Thanks for faithfully sharing your exuberance about life in general, and about life with God as a follower of Jesus Christ.
    Elouise

15. Levi Thetford

October 2, 2014 at 7:59 pm

We had bad timing. Mine was worse than yours but it all worked out. My life is packed. I”m thankful I have lots of energy. Lol. Thanks for your always kind comments!! 🙂

16. Anna Waldherr

September 3, 2015 at 1:15 pm

God has given us so much for which to be grateful!