Open Door of Communion !!!!!!

10 Oct
Open Door of Communion !!!!!!

I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it. (Revelation 3:8)

Saints who remain faithful to the truth of God have an open door before them. My soul, thou hast resolved to live and die by that which the Lord has revealed in His Word, and therefore before thee stands this open door.

I will enter in by the open door of communion with God. Who shall say me nay? Jesus has removed my sin and given me His righteousness; therefore I may freely enter. Lord, I do so by Thy grace.

I have also before me an open door into the mysteries of the Word. I may enter into the deep things of God. Election, union to Christ, the Second advent-all these are before me, and I may enjoy them. No promise and no doctrine are now locked up against me.

An open door of access is before me in private and an open door of usefulness in public. God will hear me; God will use me. A door is opened for my onward march to the church above, and for my daily fellowship with saints below. Some may try to shut me up or shut me out, but all in vain.

Soon shall I see an open door into heaven: the pearl gate will be my way of entrance, and then I shall go in unto my Lord and King and be with God eternally shut in.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on October 10, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

14 responses to “Open Door of Communion !!!!!!

1. tellthetruth1

October 10, 2014 at 4:19 am

I prayed about that last line only yesterday. What a blessing. How’s your planned trip going, Levi? All well?

Liked by 3 people

October 10, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Hello “young lady”. All is fine here. I’ve been really busy since I’ll be gone for the next 3 weeks. On the farm there are things that must be done. Plus Wed we had a new great grandson so many things going on. I do hope you are doing well. Thanks for checking on me. Blessings my friend!! 🌸

• tellthetruth1

October 10, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Oh, you what, Levi? God bless the little one πŸ™‚ And you, and all of yours plus all who worship with you, xx

October 10, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Thanks!! And that ain’t all. A week from Monday another will be born from a granddaughter. Amazing isn’t it?

2. mzpresser

October 10, 2014 at 4:53 am

This is amazing

October 10, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I’m glad you liked it today Melissa. Hope you’re having a good day. πŸ˜€

• mzpresser

October 10, 2014 at 6:44 pm

You too!!!

3. DJ Mynatt

October 10, 2014 at 7:46 am

Funny… now when I read Revelation 3:8, I’m reminded of the video “Facing the Giants” where the main character is reminded that God has set before him an open door, and no man can shut it!

Great movie – very inspirational.

4. realchange4u

October 10, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Praise God Praise God. Wonderful reminder for me this morning. BOLDLY I go.

Be blessed Levi

5. Elouise

October 10, 2014 at 5:13 pm

“Some may try to shut me up or shut me out, but all in vain.” Powerful words. And a wonderful meditation on the open door.
    Elouise

October 13, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I am so grateful for the open door in which we can access God and His provisions

October 13, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Without the open door we would be shut out. No good for us. Thanks brother!!!