Mark of Covenant Grace !!!!!!

12 Oct
Mark of Covenant Grace !!!!!!

And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul that thou mayest live. (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Here we read of the true circumcision. Note the author of it: “The Lord thy God.” He alone can deal effectually with our heart and take away its carnality and pollution. To make us love God with all our heart and soul is a miracle of grace which only the Holy Ghost can work. We must look to the Lord alone for this and never be satisfied with anything short of it.

Note where this circumcision is wrought. It is not of the flesh but of the Spirit. It is the essential mark of the covenant of grace. Love to God is the indelible token of the chosen seed; by this secret seal the election of grace is certified to the believer. We must see to it that we trust in no outward ritual but are sealed in heart by the operation of the Holy Ghost.

Note what the result is-“that thou mayest live.” To be carnally minded is death. In the overcoming of the flesh, we find life and peace. If we mind the things of the Spirit, we shall live. Oh, that Jehovah, our God, may complete His gracious work upon our inner natures, that in the fullest and highest sense we may live unto the Lord.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on October 12, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

9 responses to “Mark of Covenant Grace !!!!!!

1. realchange4u

October 12, 2014 at 7:45 am

That will still preach brother.Stirs my heart and soul to a higher calling.
    Be blessed Levi.

October 12, 2014 at 10:27 am

It will preach. Have a blessed day. I’m on my way to NYC for over a week.

2. atimetoshare

October 12, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Happy birthday, my friend!

3. kiwiskan

October 12, 2014 at 3:36 pm

October 12, 2014 at 4:49 pm

And I’m so thankful. I could never make it myself.

4. Sherry Bibb

October 13, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I so enjoy your posts! I love the poetry of John Newton and the writings of Spurgeon. Today’s especially touched my heart and inspired spontaneous prayer that it would be so with my loved ones – that they would love God above all else. I enjoy your writings too (and congratulations regarding your great grandchildren). When I first started following you I was reading and thinking, “Wow, This Levi guy is one amazing writer,” and then I scrolled down and saw it was by Spurgeon. You are wonderful writer yourself, and your posts lift my spirit. Thank you for sharing and inspiring the rest of us!

October 13, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Sherry, I’m very glad that you are blessed by some of my posts. In my books Spurgeon is one of the best. As for me being a writer, thank you for the compliment. I have never thought of myself as being a writer. In fact, I don’t think I am but just share what the Lord impresses me with. You are a real encouragement and I thank you for it. Lord bless you and thank you again.

October 13, 2014 at 9:11 pm

May we have circumcised hearts!