Good News, Not So Good News About Caleb

26 Oct

This past week has been a real roller coaster. When I last told you about Caleb’s surgery on Tuesday things seemed to be on the up-n-up. The surgeon stated that it didn’t look like the mass was malignant and that he had removed all of it. We were all feeling really good about the situation and Caleb was regaining his strength very quickly. On Thursday, the hospital doctor came in and shattered the thoughts we had had for the previous 2 days. We were waiting for the final lab results to come in and she said that the results were inconclusive and had to have further consultation. She said we were in a very gray area. The results were to have been in by Friday she said. On Friday we still had no results and she said probably Monday we would see them.

CalebTaken Friday

It was really amazing to see how strong Caleb is. On Friday he was consuming a liquid diet. Saturday he began a soft food diet, and then Sunday he was told he could now have a full diet. The Lord gave him great tenacity through such a big surgery. Probably about 11am Sunday the hospital doctor came in and said that Caleb was doing so well that he could be released to go home. She said that the lab results would probably not be conclusive until maybe late Wednesday now.  I looked up to my daughter in law and we eyed each other because something just didn’t seem right. Her last words were “everything is going to be okay

I hung around for a few minutes and decided to go home. We knew it would be 3 hours or longer before they actually would leave the hospital. I had probably driven 10 miles and my phone rang. It was Stacey saying that she had just spoken to another doctor from the surgeons office and that after twice going through the lab tests Caleb has lymphoma. She said that it was a very treatable one. We are relieved to finally know after 8 days of being hospital bound.

Caleb is now home with all of his family and will be going into the doctor this week to figure out how to proceed. This has been a tough year for my 2 boys. Levi lost fingers this year and now Caleb with cancer. As a family we are not down at all but have complete assurance that God does all things well. We are all exhausted in body and need to have some rest now. It is only in darkness that we can see the Light. Jesus is that light and we shall forever trust in Him. Psalm 46 has been a real comfort to me during this ordeal.

God Is Our Fortress

To the choirmaster. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. A Song.

God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he utters his voice, the earth melts.
The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

Come, behold the works of the LORD,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the chariots with fire.
“Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

(Psalm 46 ESV)

Shalom, until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on October 26, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , ,

76 responses to “Good News, Not So Good News About Caleb

1. Paul Simrell

October 26, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Thanks for your strong faith and testimony. You and yours will remain in my prayers as all this unfolds.

Liked by 2 people

2. Move Those Mountains!

October 26, 2014 at 7:40 pm

God bless you and your family.

3. Little Monk

October 26, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Our love, prayers, and support are with you all. Grace to you! LM

Liked by 2 people

4. bill theunfetteredpreacher cote

October 26, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Will continue to lift you folks to the b Lord

5. insanitybytes22

October 26, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I’m keeping you and your family in my prayers. Thanks for your update and your continued testimony.

October 26, 2014 at 7:50 pm

We appreciate so much your continued prayers!! 🙂

6. messagefromthefield

October 26, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Praying for you and your family Levi!

7. acts12movement

October 26, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Reblogged this on The Acts 12 Movement and commented:
    We have been praying for Levi’s son, Caleb. Here is an update from him. Let’s continue to pray for Caleb and his family..

8. Heidi Viars

October 26, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Will continue to pray as the Spirit leads!

October 26, 2014 at 8:50 pm

May God’s mercy flow down to you and His healing fill Caleb. I heard today we must hold onto the shield of faith and you and your family, Levi are certainly doing that. I continue to stand in the gap and pray continuously for Caleb. May God’s glory shine through in all this journey brings. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Liked by 2 people

October 26, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Thank you cery much, dear friend. We are all holding up well by the grace of God. I appreciate you!!!

10. trishamugo

October 26, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Levi your family will be in my prayers.

11. The Pensive Poet (Kristina)

October 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm

It’s good that they know what it is, and that there’s treatment options. I will continue to keep Caleb, his family, and your whole family in my prayers. Would you be comfortable if I ask the prayer team at my church to pray for him this week?

October 27, 2014 at 9:04 am

KRistina, thank you so much. Yes, it is quite fine to have your church pray. The more the better. Have a great day!

12. chirose

October 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

13. Julie Harris

October 26, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Praying for Caleb and your family tonight!!

14. Ron Whited

October 26, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Levi;
    As you well know we face many uncertanties in this life,yet through them all God is faithful.
    If I have learned anything at all over these past nearly 40 years of serving Him it is this: in the midst of the storm, God is.
    Your family is in my prayers.
    Ron

15. Old Things R New

October 26, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Levi, I will add your family to my morning prayers.

16. CyndelBee

October 26, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Continuing to lift your family up in prayer!

17. IrmMa

October 26, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I don’t know you Levi, but somehow I feel like I know you…peace to you and your family. God is showing me through your testimonies that He is more than able to do all the things He said He would do. Your sons are already healed…because they know and trust in the Almighty and living God, our Savior and because the Lord blessed them with you as their father…a mighty man of God. They are greatly blessed. I thank God for you. The Lord is doing a great thing…can’t wait to hear it unfold. It is a blessing to hear how God is working in the Body of Christ. Be blessed.

Liked by 2 people

October 27, 2014 at 10:19 am

Irma, I understand what you mean about feeling you know people you’ve never met. I feel the same way. I know from Scripture that God is sovereign and in control of all things. The longer I’m a Christian and go through trials the easier it is to trust Him. This doesn’t mean that it doesn’t upset me when my loved ones suffer. Lord bless you and thank you for your comments! 🙂

18. a gentle iconoclast

October 26, 2014 at 9:47 pm

God bless you, Levi! Remembering Caleb and you all in prayer!
    Maria

19. teaamongfriends

October 26, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Jehovah Rapha…..The LORD our healer! Praying for Caleb and your family.

20. kiwiskan

October 26, 2014 at 9:53 pm

So glad you didn’t have to keep waiting for results. And that is definitely one of my favourite Psalms. May God continue to bless you all and give you strength.

21. lulu

October 26, 2014 at 11:08 pm

No matter what comes next, your faith will get you through. I will keep you in my heart with hopes for positive news.

22. JennG

October 26, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I was just wondering how Caleb was doing this morning…continuing to pray. Thanks for the update

23. nuvofelt

October 27, 2014 at 4:37 am

What a testing time for you all. Will continue to pray. With love in our precious Lord.

24. poetrycottage

October 27, 2014 at 5:05 am

May the Lord hold you all in the eye of this storm and keep you in His perfect peace.

25. DJ Mynatt

October 27, 2014 at 5:44 am

Levi, we are still praying for your family. We serve a mighty God; He will never fail you.

October 27, 2014 at 5:46 am

“We are all exhausted in body and need to have some rest now.”
    ((hug))

27. Rob Barkman

October 27, 2014 at 7:51 am

Reblogged this on SettledInHeaven.org Blog and commented:
    May we all continue in prayer for Caleb and the entire family.

28. mydelightandmycounsellors

October 27, 2014 at 7:56 am

Reblogged this on My Delight and My Counsellors.

29. Heather

October 27, 2014 at 7:58 am

Oh Levi! What a year. My eyes teared up at “God does all things well.”… We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers. It is indeed good to finally know- the unknown is our worst enemy sometimes. Our sermon Sunday was about Jesus being the light and life of the world– and darkness can never overpower the light. There is nothing made without purpose and there isn’t anything we go through that doesn’t have it’s own unique purpose- I read that this morning. Thanks for sharing with us. I know God’s got this! I pray you all will be able to get some rest and face the coming weeks revived.

October 27, 2014 at 10:24 am

Dear Heather. Thank you very much for your prayers and comments. It has been quite the year so far for the good and not so good which ultimately we will see as all good. Did that confuse you? It may have me. Lol. Have a great day my Friend! 🙂

30. Ruth

October 27, 2014 at 8:46 am

Thanks for sharing this very encouraging news. Continuing to pray for your family.

31. Ingrid Lochamire

October 27, 2014 at 8:46 am

I’ve been following your journey with Caleb and my heart goes out to you and your family. How does one walk through such trials without The Lord. Praying for a good outcome for Caleb.

October 27, 2014 at 9:21 am

Thank you Ingrid. Im sure without The Lord people have no sense of security at all. Have a great day!!

October 27, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Ingrid, i appreciate your prayers and comment. God is good and we are trusting in Him!!! Thanks.

32. Yoshiko

October 27, 2014 at 8:57 am

May The Lord be with Caleb and your family members.

33. Arrowheart Ranch

October 27, 2014 at 10:57 am

Thinking of you and your family, Levi. Lifting you up in prayer!

34. Elouise

October 27, 2014 at 11:39 am

It’s so difficult to watch our children going through their valleys. When I was a child I thought ‘goodness’ and ‘mercy’ (of Psalm 23) were two dogs (collies?) who faithfully follow along behind us through our trials–all the days of our lives. God is that present. Especially, but not only in the shadows. Blessings to you and your family.
    Elouise

35. David C. Hughes, Writer

October 27, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Such faith is a continued inspiration to others, Levi. You, your family, and your boys are in our prayers.

October 27, 2014 at 12:41 pm

David, your prayers are coveted. Hope all is well with you and your family!!!

October 27, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Levi, Caleb and all of your family are in my prayers constantly. God be with you all.

37. Christa Madrid

October 27, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I love Isaiah 41:10 at times like these!

38. RobbyeFaye

October 27, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Levi, as hard as the wait was, the blessings will be greater. Prayers for you and you and yours. God’s Blessings.
    Joshua 20:11

October 27, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Thank you very much Robby. It was good to find out no matter what it was. Everyone is taking it fine. The Lord is our strength. You are very kind. 🙂

39. rachelcarrera

October 27, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Aww, my heart is heavy for you, Levi! 😦 But I am lightened by your faith and I will keep your family in my prayers! God bless you! ❤

40. The True Light!

October 27, 2014 at 1:40 pm

You know this well, Levi…all things work together for good to those who love the Lord! It is very difficult to keep that thought in very difficult times. That is why you need to work ever harder to grasp hold of it for yourself and Caleb!

Love, hope, and prayers, my friend!
    TTL

41. isaiah41v10

October 27, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Praying for God’s healing for Caleb and strength and provision for his family. Thank you Father that we can always trust you.

42. ropheka

October 27, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Glad Caleb is home with his family and is better

43. Sheila

October 27, 2014 at 4:50 pm

The Lord is the strength of our lives. Praying for that strength for you in times ahead.

44. Levi Thetford

October 27, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Thank you so much Sheila. He is and has been our strength. We appreciate your prayers.

45. Cynthia Reyes

October 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Levi, your whole family is and will be in my prayers. God bless, keep and strengthen you all.

46. T

October 27, 2014 at 9:34 pm

will be praying for your family

October 27, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Sorry Levi to hear about this new development.
    I’m going to lift him in prayers tonight!

48. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

October 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I have his name and your family in my prayer journal. Will be praying daily, Dear Levi. I am so sorry for this setback, but am relieved to know it is treatable. You and your family are an inspiration to me. Much needed. Thank you!!

October 28, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Thank you very much Skye. Lord willing Caleb will pull through this. How are you doing?

• Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

October 28, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Was doing well…but have a bit of a setback. Overall, much, much better, though! Thank you for asking. You, and your precious family, inspire me…as do the words you leave for us each day. (Love the new picture, by the way) 🙂

49. Levi Thetford

October 28, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I’m praying for you too. I know you must not be feeling well or are very busy because I rarely see you around. Lord bless you dear Girl!!!

50. Pastor Joe Quatrone, Jr.

November 2, 2014 at 8:07 pm

I have been praying for you, Caleb, and the rest of your family. God bless!

November 2, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Thank you brother. I wrote on Thursday telling that what had been disgnosed as lymphoma by 2 pathologists has since been confirmed as lymphangioma which is not cancer. We are thanking God. I thank you for your prayers.

51. tellthetruth1

November 5, 2014 at 8:56 am

Popping out in a bit. I will remember you all again as I walk and ride. (Need a few bits n bobs from town). Please also pray for me, that I get home safely. It’ll be well dark before I get home! Christ’s love to you all, Jen

Liked by 2 people