Are You Adaptable ??????

07 Nov

This week I have worked 3 days at the Tulsa County Extension office as a Master Gardener. Before I started with Jews For Jesus I worked every week, but since I am traveling so much these days I put a whole month into a week. I’m thankful that I can do this. Yesterday, I was talking to a couple of fellows that I was working with. One asked me when I was going to New York again. I told him I was leaving Sunday and the other gentleman asked me what I did in New York every month. I explained to him that taking the Gospel to Jewish people was the mission. This gave me a chance to present the Gospel to him because I knew he was an unbeliever. As a Master Gardener I could speak of what Jesus had done for me.

We all change hats everyday many times. That made me think about yesterday. I went into Footlocker to purchase some running shoes. A very nice young man helped me in making certain I was able to find what I wanted in the proper size and color and fit. ( Nike Air Max is the only way to go in my books ). After I had paid he asked me what I did. I told him that since I had retired I mainly was involved with telling Jewish people that Jesus was their already come Messiah. That gave me the opportunity to share the message of eternal life to him. As a consumer I had the chance to turn it into witnessing opportunity.

I left Footlocker and came home where a person was to meet me to buy some of my hay. He and his wife had been here earlier in the week for another load. After loading the round bales onto his trailer with the tractor we began to talk. Within 5 minutes I had pivoted the conversation to Jesus. I gave the Gospel to them both and the husband showed interest but not ready to make a decision. He will be back in 2 weeks for his final load of hay for the year and I hope to speak further with them. As a farmer I had the chance to turn it into witnessing opportunity.

There aren’t many things that you can’t turn into an opportunity to share the Gospel. I’m not telling you of these events to make you think I’m a wonderful witness, but to illustrate to you the way each and every one of us can share our Lord. Listen to Paul:

“For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. To those out side the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings”. I Cor. 9:19-23

Paul is a shining example for us. He was available for whomever, whenever the opportunity arose. He seized every available time to share of God’s marvelous grace through Jesus. What about You!!!!

Something to think about on this beautiful Friday.

Shalom, until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on November 7, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , ,

23 responses to “Are You Adaptable ??????

1. tellthetruth1

November 7, 2014 at 4:33 am

This is one of the most encouraging things I’ve read, lately 🙂 Thank you for sharing Him with others, Levi.

2. Benyomin Ellegant

November 7, 2014 at 4:39 am

November 7, 2014 at 4:43 am

“We all change hats everyday many times.” and so often wait until we have “that hat” on. Lovely post Levi. Thank for you for the thinking.

4. realchange4u

November 7, 2014 at 4:57 am

And that my brother is what we should be doing. Thankful that you take every opportunity you have to share the gospel. In our fast and pray group we have prayed for Christians to be powerful witness for Christ. The time is now. Praying you have a open for with the Jewish people and the man who will come for the hay.

Much love Tom

5. atimetoshare

November 7, 2014 at 8:05 am

The more we get out in the world, the more opportunities arise. I have a friend who has been undergoing chemo and is using this time to share her faith with her doc. We are not confined to our church family. Opportunities are everywhere. Thanks, Levi, for all you do to share this wonderful news.

November 7, 2014 at 11:10 am

Your friend is doing what comes naturally it sounds. There are opportunities in almost every place if we will just do it. Have a great day my friend!!!

• atimetoshare

November 7, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Indeed I will. You have a blessed day too Take some time for Levi!😃😃😃😃😃

6. blessedart1111

November 7, 2014 at 9:15 am

Levi this is a very encouraging post! Thank you for talking about your opportunities to witness. It is a reminder for me to be more aware, and to take advantage of the chances I get to share the love of Jesus and plant seeds to help further the Kingdom of God. Thanks for sharing.

Be Blessed!

LaTrice

Liked by 2 people

November 7, 2014 at 11:12 am

LaTrice, I am glad this is an encouragement for you. This was my purpose in the post to show that we have these opportunities all around us if we will seize them. Have a great day and weekend!!! 🙂

7. wingedprisms

November 7, 2014 at 10:05 am

Wonderful post Levi! Thank you for encouragement – have a great weekend and trip to beautiful NYC coming up!
    cate 😀

8. Levi Thetford

November 7, 2014 at 11:13 am

Thank you, dear Cate. I hope you have a peaceful, tranquil weekend too!!! 🙂

9. Jen

November 7, 2014 at 11:50 am

Wow, what a personal challenge to me to use every opportunity for the glory of Christ and the advancement of His kingdom. Thank you!

November 7, 2014 at 11:54 am

Jen, I wrote it hoping it may be a little prod that someone needed. Lol. Lord bless you!!!

Liked by 2 people

10. Blue-and-Green-Together

November 7, 2014 at 10:18 pm

In researching my post about my grandmother (the dairy farmer’s wife), I found an interview that my aunt taped of her. In that tape, she mentioned that her own dad (thus, my great-grandpa–who died of cancer when he still had young children at home) was known for talking to people about Christianity wherever he went. He was a very hard worker and did many jobs. I thank you for this post, as it encourages me too.

11. Levi Thetford

November 7, 2014 at 10:22 pm

You come from a good example sounds like. Great!!! I hope you have a nice weekend!!!

12. David C. Hughes, Writer

November 8, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Hi Levi! My publisher hates direct marketing, but I love going to craft fairs to sell my books. Why? Well, in the last two days I’ve been able to share my faith and trust in the Most High God with folks walking in or struggling with their faith. This gives me the opportunity to share my testimony and to encourage others in their walk. One young lady opened her heart to me last night. She said she’s been struggling with her faith, and she snuck a look at my book, The Epiphany of Joy, which was sitting on my table next to hers, when I wasn’t looking. We talked about questioning faith and I shared my story. She bought my book and was looking forward to reading it. That’s living out our faith, being available to those needing the encouragement to continue. Thank you for being an example of how to live out our faith daily and in both the simplest and most complex situations. It’s really not that difficult, eh?

November 8, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Great example David! It really is that easy if you’re looking for the opportunity. Thanks for sharing this with me. May the Lord sell many of your books, brother.

November 10, 2014 at 3:33 am

Encouraged by your evangelistic zeal!