Sanctified Souls Are Satisfied !!!!!!

12 Nov
Sanctified Souls Are Satisfied !!!!!!

My people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the Lord. (Jeremiah 31:14)

Note the “my” which comes twice: “My people shall be satisfied with my goodness.”

These people are satisfied. This is a grand thing. Very few of the sons of men are ever satisfied, let their lot be what it may; they have swallowed the horse-leech, and it continually cries, “Give! give!” Only sanctified souls are satisfied souls. God Himself must both convert us and content us.

It is no wonder that the Lord’s people should be satisfied with the goodness of their Lord. Here is goodness without mixture, bounty without stint, mercy without chiding, love without change, favor without reserve. If God’s goodness does not satisfy us, what will? What! are we still groaning? Surely there is a wrong desire within if it be one which God’s goodness does not satisfy.

Lord, I am satisfied. Blessed be Thy name.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on November 12, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

13 responses to “Sanctified Souls Are Satisfied !!!!!!

1. Sarah the 7th

November 12, 2014 at 8:12 am

I have to stop, concentrate and slow my lunatic mind, and you’ve shown me , that despite my like of whining, I am satisfied. When I focus on the peace My God provides, I must ask myself-“who’s got it better than me?”.
    Amazing! Thank you Levi and Thank You Lord.

Liked by 2 people

November 12, 2014 at 10:21 am

What a positive word from you this morning Sarah. You have a great day!!!😀

2. Heather

November 12, 2014 at 8:24 am

“If God’s goodness does not satisfy us, what will? ” Amen! Makes me think of Phil. 4:12-13… We should be more than satisfied through Christ’s redeeming love…

November 12, 2014 at 8:49 am

Yes we should, Heather. To be ultimately satisfied only God can fill it. Have a great day. 😀

• Heather

November 12, 2014 at 8:58 am

You do the same Levi! 🙂

3. Elouise

November 12, 2014 at 11:17 am

This post got me interested in horse leeches. Never satisfied, always preying on the weak who have little or nothing left to give. The double reference to God converting and contenting us is wonderful. If I’m converted AND content with God, deeply satisfied, it will be reflected in my contentment (or lack thereof) with other people in my life who have given all they can. Thanks, Levi!
    Elouise

November 12, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Great anaolgy with the horse leeches. Finding contentment in all things is a rare thing to find with most people. We know how to get it. Lord bless, Elouise!!!

4. ropheka

November 12, 2014 at 3:19 pm

There is no satisfaction without our Beloved. Everything else is like a balloon, all hot air, no substance

5. Anna

November 12, 2014 at 5:02 pm

There’s so much truth in the post. So many people live miserable lives because they are unsatisfied with how things are in their life. Regardless of our circumstances, we can be satisfied in the Lord.

6. Debbie

November 12, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I really love this, Levi! Thank you so much!

November 13, 2014 at 7:53 am

My pleasure, Debbie. I’m glad you were blessed by it. Have a great day!!!!

7. Moore to ponder

November 14, 2014 at 2:50 am

I am thinking about these words:

“The kind of people who are satisfied with God are marked out as God’s own. He is pleased with them, for they are pleased with Him. They call Him their God, and He calls them His people; He is satisfied to take them for a portion, and they are satisfied with Him for their portion. There is a mutual communion of delight between God’s Israel and Israel’s God.”

There are some occasions (times of sorrow) when the heart of one of God’s children rejoices less readily than on other occasions. But satisfaction is also expressed when even at the darkest times, she can sincerely pray “Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done…”. There is that “peace that passes understanding” that causes her to laugh a little, and notice things that make her smile, and even motivate her to go into the kitchen and make her husband’s favorite pie, and still get tickled when she sees him enjoy it. 🙂

I have my petitions that I make, but I think I can sincerely say that I am satisfied.

Thank you for sharing this.

Blessings,
    Theresa

November 14, 2014 at 7:58 am

I think you are most of the time by what you write. Your heart seems to be in the right place. I know life can be tough and the circumstances can weigh us down. Just look to Jesus Therinda. Smile big!!! :):