From Obedience To Blessing !!!!!!

19 Nov
From Obedience To Blessing !!!!!!

From this day will I bless you. (Haggai 2:19)

Future things are hidden from us. Yet here is a glass in which we may see the unborn years. The Lord says, “From this day will I bless you.”

It is worthwhile to note the day which is referred to in this promise. There had been failure of crops, blasting, and mildew, and all because of the people’s sin. Now, the Lord saw these chastened ones commencing to obey His word and build His temple, and therefore He says, “From the day that the foundation of the Lord’s temple was laid, consider. From this day will I bless you.” If we have lived in any sin, and the Spirit leads us to purge ourselves of it, we may reckon upon the blessing of the Lord. His smile, His Spirit, His grace, His fuller revelation of His truth will all prove to us an enlarged blessing. We may fall into greater opposition from man because of our faithfulness, but we shall rise to closer dealings with the Lord our God and a clearer sight of our acceptance in Him.

Lord, I am resolved to be more true to Thee and more exact in my following of Thy doctrine and Thy precept; and I pray Thee, therefore, by Christ Jesus, to increase the blessedness of my daily life henceforth and forever.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on November 19, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

10 responses to “From Obedience To Blessing !!!!!!

1. Sarah the 7th

November 19, 2014 at 5:53 am

Hello Levi, catching up today, been off line a few days. Thank you for this, it raised a question I’ll pose to you. So grateful to have found you! Welcome home, I didn’t see you in NY, but happy you enjoyed your visit. I’m approx. 50 miles north of Manhattan and what beautiful treasures we have here, so close to our wonderful city. The next time you are in NY, I invite you to take a quick and easy train ride up for a day, so I may introduce you to all the magnificent beauty and wonderful people here in the Hudson valley. A day of wonder to behold if you’ve yet to visit our area.
    Sarah

November 19, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Thank you Sarah. I may take you up on the offer some time. I go to the city every month for a week at least. Ill be 10 days in Dec. thank you!!!

• Sarah the 7th

November 19, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I am so close, and it’s nature, God’s art at it’s very best, a striking difference in such short distance. When ever your trip allows time for you please do.

November 19, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Ok. As i said, i go to NY every month. Praying for you, Sarah.

• Sarah the 7th

November 20, 2014 at 12:26 am

Please know, I am no stalker, weirdo, have no infatuation or alterior motive, do not mean to come off as pushy, nor expect you to alter your schedule or anything. I just read , again that last post of mine and fear I may have sounded as if any of those things may be. I’m just blessed to live in this special corner of God’s world, I think you’d appreciate. Please accept my apology if I did indeed come off as some creep. We can not be too cautious these days. Your prayers are much appreciated.
            With respect,
            Sarah

November 20, 2014 at 9:06 am

Lol. You arent coming off as weird or pushy. I would love to see the area and i appreciate the offer. 👍

2. apoetsheart51

November 19, 2014 at 11:19 pm

awesome ive always been drawn to the sermons of preacher from the 1800s and 1700s. true food for the soul! thank you i needed this

November 20, 2014 at 9:08 am

Im so glad you did. Ive posted a Spurgeon every day this year. He wrote several daily devotionals and many look forward to it daily. Thanks brother.

3. The True Light!

November 20, 2014 at 12:41 pm

The act of dedicating one’s self to the Lord is a daily choice we make, or not! It requires more effort some days than on others. But may we always try to do our best for Him each day…

Thank you for the post, Levi!

TTL

4. Levi Thetford

November 20, 2014 at 9:06 pm

My pleasure, brother. I haven’t written anything for a few days. I’m taking a break for a bit. Have been doing a lot of traveling. My wife and I are traveling now. I may be turning into a gypsy. Lol.