A Personal Note

24 Nov

Hello, dear readers of my blog. I have taken an extended time off from writing. I have been traveling a lot, and to be honest, I’ve need a break. It has been a time of rest, reflection, work, and worship. I will only write something sporadically for the rest of the year. I will continue to post my daily Spurgeon and the John Newton poems on Saturday. I have much to do while I have a few more days here in Tulsa before I return to New York in December.

This next year is starting to take shape. I am working on joining The Jewish Federation of Tulsa where I can be more involved with the local Jewish community. We have a small community of only around 3,000 so this will be a great way to build relationships with more of them. I will also be in Paris for the month of June with Jews For Jesus in the outreach there. The month of July will be spent in New York for their summer outreach. I have been invited by the Washington DC branch leader to come and work with him when I have available time. I will probably wait until Spring and go on to DC from New York. And of course, I will continue to make my monthly trips to New York. That’s more than a third of next year away.

I will tell you all that there is nothing more that I would rather be doing. Sharing the Good News of Yeshua with my Jewish people, has been, and continues to be the burden of my heart. My prayer is that the church would once again catch the passion of Paul in Romans 10:1 and be burdened for them as well. ” Brothers, my heart’s deepest desire and my prayer to God for Israel is for their salvation”.  Many churches are apathetic to Jewish missions, and a vast amount are anti-Semetic. Both are totally unbiblical.

Please continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Shalom, until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on November 24, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Jewish Missions, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

42 responses to “A Personal Note

November 24, 2014 at 4:38 am

I had an image of a church, open of all four sides, in the middle of somewhere green. And you scooting in and sharing your post and scooting off again. And all I could sense was a surge of love and energy and goodwill. Unity without “rules” – love without “fences” – God’s home.

November 24, 2014 at 4:06 pm

That is a great vision, Paul. I do strive to be used to break down the partition that separates. As it was with Jesus so will it be with us. Everyone will not always accept it. It still doesn’t keep us from trying, does it? 😀

2. peggywright

November 24, 2014 at 7:06 am

I am so glad to read this about your heart and your work,Levi. I too long for God’s chosen people to know the Savior, Yeshua, though I am not involved like you are. We have supported the work of reaching the Jewish people in the past. May Elohim go with you and may you see much fruit for your labor. Shalom.

November 24, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Thank you, Peggy. I’m so glad to hear that you are concerned about Jewish missions. May Elohim use us to bring the message of Yeshua to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Lord bless you and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

3. atimetoshare

November 24, 2014 at 7:34 am

I know God will bless your ministry because of your great zeal for the work. I will selfishly miss your daily blogs however. You have been an inspiration to me and many. God bless you and your family, Levi!!

November 24, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Thank you so much, dear Kathy. And you are an inspiration to me. I’m not gone for good, I don’t think. Lol.

• atimetoshare

November 24, 2014 at 5:31 pm

At least I can follow you on facebook

November 24, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Sure you can. I’m not real active on it though. I’m not gone forever. Lol.

4. David C. Hughes, Writer

November 24, 2014 at 8:10 am

Hi Levi! I totally understand, and completely support you in these decisions. May you be restored during this respite, and may God continue to bless you in all that He’s called you to do.

November 24, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Thanks a lot, David. To bad there aren’t enough hours in the day for us both. Happy Thanksgiving brother.

5. Elouise

November 24, 2014 at 9:14 am

Hi, Levi. Thanks so much for this personal update. We have a great God and you have a great gift and passion. Our prayers are with you, and I, for one, eagerly await your periodic updates!
    Blessings, Brother!
    Elouise

November 24, 2014 at 4:20 pm

You’re a sweetheart. Thank you for the support and encouragement. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

6. Karen Pickering

November 24, 2014 at 9:15 am

I understand completely about the daily blog posts. You have other things more pressing to concentrate on now. Keep a good journal this next year. It will be exciting to see what God allows you to be part of. My prayers are with you.

November 24, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Thank you, Karen. I have a brand new leather diary to keep my thoughts. Now to keep in the habit of doing it. Lol. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

7. njordan1338

November 24, 2014 at 9:51 am

Go is this grace of God my friend. I’ll be praying for you and your missions to be fruitful in the name of Jesus.

November 24, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Thank you so much for the prayers and encouragement. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

8. wingedprisms

November 24, 2014 at 10:04 am

I’m so glad you are running with your dreams and desires (from Him) – enjoy!
    cate

9. The Pensive Poet (Kristina)

November 24, 2014 at 10:10 am

That’s totally understandable Levi. Concentrating on your work for Him and your family is so important. I may not be posting as much, this time of year is so hectic, and I want to devote more time to God’s word. My prayers are with you, in all your great endeavors.

November 24, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Thank you, Kristina. You are a blessing to me. I hope your time is well spent this holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

10. Sharon

November 24, 2014 at 10:33 am

What wonderful opportunities God is giving you to serve Him. I am very excited and happy for you. To be able to live your passion for Jesus is an awesome blessing. Proverbs 10:22: “It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich, And He adds no sorrow to it”. May that be God’s blessing on you.

November 24, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Thanks, Sharon. God has opened the doors open for me. My prayer is that stony hearts are made soft from His touch. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

November 24, 2014 at 11:22 am

May the Lord empower you with His words as you minister to and reach out to people. You are a gifted man of God and I for one will miss your posts but I know you’ll share what’s happening as you are able, or I hope you will. 🙂 God bless you and have fun while doing all those great things for the Lord.

November 24, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Thanks, dear friend. I’m not leaving for good, just not daily. I appreciate your encouragement Sue. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

12. a gentle iconoclast

November 24, 2014 at 11:30 am

Doing what the Lord wants us to do is the greatest thing, Levi! Shalom! May your prayers for a change in our attitude in the church towards bringing the Gospel to the Jews be answered!
    Maria

November 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Thank you, Maria. God is not finished with the Jewish people and He is working among them a lot right now. The church is missing a blessing. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

• a gentle iconoclast

November 24, 2014 at 7:19 pm

So grateful for His working among them!
        Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

13. linda parvin hutchinson

November 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

Shalom, my friend Levi.

14. brianwilliamsen

November 24, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Blessings to you, friend!

15. K. Q. Duane

November 24, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Good luck with your expanding ministry. Go with God. We will miss your writing but know you have a higher calling for the moment. God bless.

November 24, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Thank you. Im not stopping but slowing down for now. Happy Thanksgiving.

• K. Q. Duane

November 24, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too.

16. Julie Harris

November 25, 2014 at 7:46 am

How wonderful to read all the exciting things He has planned for you and for your ministry in the next year!! I will miss your daily writings- your passion for Jesus rings loud and clear in all your posts 🙂 May God bless you, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

17. vw1212

November 25, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Enjoy the break. vw

18. beenough

November 25, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Thank you Levi, always, for your honesty. Thank you for showing us all how to take time ‘to be’! Blessings. Peace. Great family times. Love.

November 26, 2014 at 5:11 am

May the Lord continue to use you to reach the Jews! I hope we can still keep in touch Levi =)

November 26, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I am not going anywhere. Just slowing down from writing. We will stay in touch. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!