Mountains Turned To Plains !!!!!!

25 Nov
Mountains Turned To Plains !!!!!!

Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain; and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it. (Zechariah 4:7)

At this hour a mountain of difficulty, distress, or necessity may be in our way, and natural reason sees no path over it, or through it, or round it. Let faith come in, and straightway the mountain disappears and becomes a plain. But faith must first hear the word of the Lord—”Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.” This grand truth is a prime necessity for meeting the insurmountable trials of life.

I see that I can do nothing and that all reliance on man is vanity. “Not by might.” I see that no visible means can be relied on, but the force is in the invisible Spirit. God alone must work, and men and means must be nothing accounted of. If it be so that the Almighty God takes up the concerns of His people, then great mountains are nothing. He can remove worlds as boys toss balls about or drive them with their foot. This power He can lend to me. If the Lord bids me move an Alp I can do it through His name. It may be a great mountain, but even before my feebleness it shall become a plain; for the Lord hath said it. What can I be afraid of with God on my side?

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on November 25, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

12 responses to “Mountains Turned To Plains !!!!!!

1. popswally

November 25, 2014 at 11:05 am

Reblogged this on Journey With Jesus.

2. ropheka

November 25, 2014 at 2:58 pm

I just listened to an on line sermon by Allister begg that pretty much said the same thing.

It was difficult at first and must still be worked on “Okay my Love, how do You want this done?”

November 25, 2014 at 3:09 pm

It’s a great simple truth. NOTHING is too hard for Adonai. We depend on everything but Him until the very end. Btw, I think Beggs is a great preacher and I love his Scottish brogue. Lol. Have a great day, brother!!!

3. Garden Walk Garden Talk

November 25, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Very true, yet it is hard to get past some fears.

November 25, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Yes it is, but we must trust.

• Garden Walk Garden Talk

November 25, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I do, but having some doubt at times makes me not a very good follower. I try by reading your blog to change my beliefs though.

November 25, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Donna, having some doubts doesn’t make you not a good followers. We all have doubts from time to time. The disciples had doubts even while walking with Jesus. Don’t beat yourself up. If you have some time read the four Gospels. Reading the bible will help. Thanks for reading my blog!!