My Thanksgiving !!!!!!

26 Nov

psalm 69

“I will praise God’s name with a song and glorify Him with Thanksgiving”. (Psalm 69:30)

It’s a very biblical thing to set aside days for special significance. The Torah is complete with the days, and the instructions, for how the Hebrew people were to celebrate them. This post is not an instruction on how you best ought to celebrate it, because we all have our own traditions and customs. Probably the only thing most have in common is scrumptious food, and that also will have many distinctions. The other is that it is a day set aside for thanksgiving to God (or should be).

We all have many things to be thankful for. These too will be different with each person with some similarities. I want to list some of the reasons why I am thankful.

1) I’m thankful that at the age of twelve God convicted me of my sins and showed me I was deficient. That without dealing with them sufficiently my life would not end well. I saw that Jesus had come to deal with man’s sin problem, and that through Him only could I ever be fully pardoned, forgiven, free from them. By the moving of the Holy Spirit I trusted Him to be my sin bearer, Saviour, and Messiah. I have had hope ever since.

2) I’m thankful for the wife of 43 years that God gave me and our 5 children, 13 grandchildren, and now 3 great grandchildren. I have truly been blessed beyond what I deserve.

3) I am thankful that God has blessed me in this world, and not only in heaven, even though that would have been plenty. God certainly blessed the work of my hands in a phenomenal way and has allowed many earthly benefits which I pray will have eternal consequences for many. I’m thankful to have been able to help many people with physical and spiritual blessings and still can. It truly is a blessing to me to be able to go when God says go and not have to think about finances. He truly has made me a free man unto Him.

4) I’m thankful that He is using me in ministry for a people He burdened me for decades ago and the open door to be able to do this on a world wide basis. He has prepared me many years for this time and I’m truly thankful for it.

5) I’m thankful for my many friends that are all over the world. There are so many I would never try to name you all. And I have some right here reading this post. I am truly grateful for each and everyone and the joy you have been in my life.

6) I’m thankful for so many things I can never list them all which makes none of them of less importance. Some of my seemingly small things are really quite important to me. Like my wonderful study that I’m sitting in writing this, sitting in the middle of the country looking out onto beautiful pastures fron two large windows. I truly am a blessed man and take none of the credit for any of it, but give all of the credit and glory to God. PRAISE BE HIS HOLY NAME.

What things are you thankful for?

I want to wish each of you a most wonderful THANKSGIVING, and may you enjoy each word of conversation, and bite of wonderful food. I love you all!!!

Shalom, until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on November 26, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

28 responses to “My Thanksgiving !!!!!!

1. atimetoshare

November 26, 2014 at 2:27 pm

May God continue to bless you and your family. He has indeed blessed many with your words and works. Happy Thanksgiving, Friend.🍗

November 26, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you Levi and your beautiful family. How have I been blessed? What’s that scripture about being to many to recount? That would be me. 🙂 I’m so blessed I’m spoiled rotten. lol

November 26, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Thank you, Sue. Well, i guessed we are both spoiled rotten cause i know i am. 💐

3. Elizabeth Melton Parsons

November 26, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Levi. 🙂

4. IrmMa

November 26, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Thank you for a bird’s eye view into the greatness of the Almighty God. You are doubly blessed.

I am thankful for this year, the year the Lord placed it in my heart to walk with Him as I read through His word. I lacked all year, but for every moment spent with my Lord…it was more than worth it. I gained much more this year walking and learning about the Living God than I ever would have submitting to the demands of this world. The Lord provided as He promised.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Be blessed.

November 26, 2014 at 3:50 pm

IrmMa, Im very happy to hear that this had been a great year for you. May His blessings continue in your life and i hope you will continue to grow more and more!!!

• IrmMa

November 26, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Thank you, Levi. 😄

5. ropheka

November 26, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I am thankful for the opportunity to read your articals

6. lljostes

November 26, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Thanks for sharing your thanksgivings with us! I join with you in praising our Lord for all the blessings He has given and look forward to giving thanks to Him in His presence! God’s blessings ~ Laura

November 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm

I give thanks for being drawn to this church of blogs. To the fellowship, the community and the love connecting us all. To a great source of strength. To a great source of fun. Enjoy your special day, Levi. Extended families bring great joy, hope, sadness, fun and fighting – yet are always bigger than the details ((hug))

November 26, 2014 at 5:46 pm

You know extended families. What more can i say. Im hoping tomorrow will be peaceful and uneventful. If not, i will play the peacemaker (hopefully). Lol. I love you brother.

8. The Lazurus Project

November 26, 2014 at 10:20 pm

This is my first comment in many months,Levi. My surgery and radiation treatments are behind me. Thank you for your prayer and concern. We have just finished a series on the demise of corporate prayer in the church and how to change it;.

I’m glad you mentioned Jewish worship. If you’ve attended a synagogue service, you know a great deal of the morning or evening is devoted to corporate prayer, while we have “the pastoral prayer”, where the minister serves as our prayer proxy. Maybe one reason we don’t pray in groups anymore is, “why bother, that’s the minister’s job?” What do you think about pastors teaching the flock how to pray together rather than doing it for us? “LORD TEACH US TO PRAY!”

November 26, 2014 at 10:38 pm

First, I’m glad to hear from you and that you are back. I will continue to pray for you. It sounds like you have been through a lot.

I have spent a lot of time in synagogues and with messianic believers. In fact, I am one. I could talk to you for days about the differences between the synagogue and the church. Until the first half of the 2nd century Christians continued to worship in synagogues for the most part. It wasn’t until anti-Semitism sprung up and Rome made Christianity the official religion that the church didn’t worship like the synagogue always had. What you are suggesting is a good start, I think.

I’m so glad you’re back. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We all have much to be thankful for. Lord bless you!!!

9. Cynthia Reyes

November 26, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Beautiful, meaningful and moving, Levi.
    I always enjoy reading your posts.
    Thank you, and I wish a happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.

November 26, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Thank you, Dear Cynthia. I hope you and your husband are doing well. Lord bless you, young lady!!! 😀

• Cynthia Reyes

November 26, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Thank you, kind sir.
        We are both stumbling along.

10. Megan

November 26, 2014 at 11:27 pm

God is so good! Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!

11. Heather

November 27, 2014 at 8:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you Levi! Thankful for this blogging community, my family, and God’s mercy on my mom last weekend.
    p.s. The gravy turned out DIVINE! : )

November 27, 2014 at 8:53 am

Happy Thanksgiving Heather. I’m very glad your gravy turned out so well. I thought it would. We have much to be thankful for. May His blessings continue to be showered upon you and your family. Have a great day! 😀

12. donna213

November 27, 2014 at 1:59 pm

You are very fortunate, and seem like such a wonderful man. I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

November 28, 2014 at 6:30 am

You have been married more than I have been alive!
    Thanks for sharing this. I am thankful to God for my wife who makes home a refuge.
    I am thankful for my church, that God is working on to grow to be more like Him.
    I am thankful for salvation–that He saved me!

November 28, 2014 at 9:18 am

Im just an oldie, SJ. We have very much to be thankful for!!!