Rest In All Thy Goings !!!!!!

27 Nov
Rest In All Thy Goings !!!!!!

And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. (Exodus 33:14)

Precious promise! Lord, enable me to appropriate it as all my own.

We must go at certain times from our abode, for here we have no continuing city. It often happens that when we feel most at home in a place, we are suddenly called away from it. Here is the antidote for this ill. The Lord Himself will keep us company. His presence, which includes His favor, His fellowship, His care, and His power, shall be ever with us in every one of our marchings. This means far more than it says; for, in fact, it means all things. If we have God present with us, we have possession of heaven and earth. Go with me, Lord, and then command me where Thou wilt!

But we hope to find a place of rest. The text promises it. We are to have rest of God’s own giving, making, and preserving. His presence will cause us to rest even when we are on the march, yea, even in the midst of battle. Rest! Thrice blessed word. Can it ever be enjoyed by mortals? Yes, there is the promise, and by faith we plead it. Rest comes from the Comforter, from the Prince of Peace, and from the glorious Father who rested on the seventh day from all His works. To be with God is to rest in the most emphatic sense.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on November 27, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

7 responses to “Rest In All Thy Goings !!!!!!

1. Heather

November 27, 2014 at 8:36 am

“It often happens that when we feel most at home in a place, we are suddenly called away from it…” so true!

2. ropheka

November 27, 2014 at 4:33 pm

For most of my life it seems as if i no sooner become settled in one place than the Lord calls me to another. Ibleieve it was so I did not become lazy and complacent. It also taught me to have trust because He was already there

3. realchange4u

November 27, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Just the Joy of knowing God is in control. Rest. Thanks Levi I really enjoyed this post. I hope your Thanksgiving day with family was wonderful and all is well.

Blessings my brother

4. Levi Thetford

November 27, 2014 at 10:29 pm

All is great, Tom. Lord bless you brother.

5. Anna Waldherr

March 5, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Your website continues to nourish me, Levi. I hope you and your loved ones are well. Spring is in the air…or at least Spring fever (LOL)!

March 5, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Hi Anna. I’m happy you can still find something to bless you on the blog. You’ve probably read them all and some more than once. All is well here. I’ve been so busy in the works I’m involved with. I sure hope you’re doing well. Spring is not far away for you. We’ve been experiencing quite a bit of it around here.