I Dreamed A Dream !!!!!!

28 Nov

Yesterday, I found myself humming the tune “I Dreamed A Dream” most of the day. I have hummed and sang it a lot since I watched Les Miserables on Broadway last month. I absolutely love the song and show but the lyrics burden my heart for the hurting. The words “I dreamed that love would never die, I dreamed that God would be forgiving” bother me because God’s love never does die, and God is always forgiving. He is Pure love, and only God can give true forgiveness.

We had a house full yesterday with most of our family. It was a very nice Thanksgiving with no problems at all which is a blessing when you get so many people of various ages and personalities together. But there was one here that this song fits perfectly. It absolutely breaks my heart that the love of God has never been accepted by this person. They have had the love and forgiveness of God shared tenderly with them many times but still have not accepted it.

The final stanza of the song also fits the person well:

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I’m living
So different now from what it seems
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed

These words make my heart cry for anyone in this condition, especially a loved one. There is always hope as long as you are breathing, but it is only found in the forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ. There is no other way!! If you continue to live on your own in this hell-bound world there will be no peace or joy or hope. Jesus is the only remedy for our hopeless condition.

For any reading this that are without hope and are miserable, run to Jesus. Don’t walk, but run into His open arms and find true forgiveness. If you do, you will never be without hope again, because Jesus is our hope.

If you would like to hear something beautiful, listen to this 3 minute video and KNOW that there is hope in Jesus.

Shalom, until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on November 28, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

38 responses to “I Dreamed A Dream !!!!!!

1. tellthetruth1

November 28, 2014 at 4:36 am

I remember, probably in my mid-30’s, asking myself, ‘what on earth am I here for?’ Thank God, now I know, but I had to wait until I was 47 before I knew the Truth. Long time before submission, ain’t it 😦 I can only try to make up for lost time, now.

I remember somewhere in Scripture, the Lord talking about restoring what the locust has eaten…

November 28, 2014 at 9:20 am

Yes, Jen and its heart breaking to watch loved ones needlessly go through it. Thanks, my friend!!

2. Julie Harris

November 28, 2014 at 7:06 am

Les Miserables is one of my all-time favorites. There is a sense of desperation in that song that always brings me to tears. Forgiveness and love aren’t merely something we dream about- they are only found in Him. I never thought about it in the context of that song! Thank you, Levi! My youngest daughter and I listened to the video…beautiful version 🙂

Liked by 3 people

November 28, 2014 at 9:17 am

I love Les Mis too, Julie. I know what you mean about the song as I feel the same. The version is a beautiful one. Have a great rest of Thanksgiving holiday and kickoff for Christmas.

3. Dan

November 28, 2014 at 7:35 am

One of my all-time favorites too, Levi, and some beautiful and compassionate thoughts expressed by you as well, for those who are reaping what they’ve sown, and are themselves learning great lessons in the midst of their own suffering. I believe in the end that the mercy of the Great God, through Jesus Christ will astound us all … even for those whom we may think are beyond His help.

November 28, 2014 at 9:12 am

Thanks, Dan. I dont think anyone is beyond God’s mercy but for those who reject Him there will be a price to pay. Have a great day!!!

4. Karen Pickering

November 28, 2014 at 7:37 am

Well said, Levi. Holidays remind us of those we love who are trying to live their lives without God. We just continue to pray that God would continue to draw them with his irresistible grace.

November 28, 2014 at 9:06 am

They sure do, Karen. Prayer is the only thing we can continually do. That the blind might see! I hope youre doing well.

5. mzpresser

November 28, 2014 at 8:11 am

Love this

6. atimetoshare

November 28, 2014 at 9:38 am

This is one of my favorite shows too. The music is haunting and the story of redemption beautiful. I guess I never looked at those lyrics as a cry of desperation, but they really are. Our lives are filled with choices and decisions and the way we choose determines our relationship to our Savior.

November 28, 2014 at 10:14 am

Great show and song with a wonderful message. I may go see it again in a few days if i have the time. I already have tickets for Wicked. Have a great day Kathy. I hope its a little warmer. 🙂

• atimetoshare

November 28, 2014 at 10:18 am

Lucky you! I’ve heard great reviews especially on the music. Maybe some day I’ll get to Broadway to see another show. Little warmer today, but snow,

November 28, 2014 at 10:21 am

Try to make another trip soon as you can. I go to at least one show a month and most often 2. Theyre great. Be careful in the snow.

November 28, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I’m like you Levi, I have a family member I can only pray for but because of the Lord showing me, through my Dad’s acceptance of Christ 24 hrs. before he died, I know there’s still hope for everyone. Love this song! Thanks for sharing.

November 28, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I agree with you entirely Sue. We have hope til the end!! Have a great weekend!!

8. mwitasblog

November 28, 2014 at 1:44 pm

A beautiful song. And lovely sentiments from you. Be blessed.

9. chirose

November 28, 2014 at 3:53 pm

This is an absolutely great song.!!

November 28, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Your hope and sadness brought back the words of another blog (some time ago and I would not how to locate it). The words described how each of us is a beautiful sacred canvas. The clouds and brush strokes between each and our Lord. I always think with loved ones we stand too near the canvas sometimes. 🙂

November 28, 2014 at 4:19 pm

We do stand close. In this case it is my daughter who is totally miserable by her own admission and anyone could see it. Unconditional love she cant except even from her own children. Drugs are a nasty thing. Still praying and loving and hoping.

• paulfg

November 28, 2014 at 5:04 pm

How easy to type back a platitude. I have none. Different place, different loved one, different reasons. Same pain. I find peace is passing responsibility to this loved one. Patience is easier. Love is easier. And has taken a long time to find. Love will win. It always does. Not just in ways we wish. Not always. ((hug))

November 28, 2014 at 5:17 pm

We are continuing to love and have passed her the responsibilty. Its still tough though. Thanks Paul for the encouragement and hugs back at ya!!

11. Linda Arthur Tejera

November 28, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Oh, Levi, true words indeed. I adore this song and never tire of hearing it. But the words you have written with it really strike home. We have a couple of younger ones in our family that are struggling and I know things could be so much better for them if they would just return to acceptance. But we’ll never give up. Thanks for this lovely post.

12. Levi Thetford

November 28, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Thanks Linda. It’s tough but that’s all we can do. The song is truly an amazing one. I love it!!!

13. Elouise

November 28, 2014 at 8:28 pm

God can find our loved ones in places we would never dream of looking. Thanks for the heartfelt post.
    Elouise

November 28, 2014 at 8:33 pm

We are trusting Him to find her. Thanks for the encouraging words, Elouise!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

14. Old Things R New

November 28, 2014 at 10:32 pm

The song is beautiful, Levi as is the truth of God’s love and forgiveness. Praying your loved one finds the joy of a life with Christ, Do you know the young lady singing?

15. Levi Thetford

November 28, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Thank you for the kind words. This is our prayer. I love the song. The lady singing is Hayley Westenra. I think you was one of the Celtic Women before she went out on her own. Have a great weekend. 🙂

16. Anna Waldherr

November 30, 2014 at 3:13 am

Thank you for this, Levi. My mother passed on this week. She endured a great deal in her life, and especially loved music. I posted her eulogy on alawyersprayers.com. I have a post on suffering slated for 12/21 on avoicereclaimed.com. It deals w/ the Book of Job which has personal significance for me. By the way, I too enjoy the music from Les Miserables.

November 30, 2014 at 12:06 pm

I didnt realize the connection until today that you had 2 blogs. Lord bless you, Anna.

December 1, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I feel you with the sadness when someone not see the hope of the GOspel and being actually forgiven by the power of the Cross.

18. Levi Thetford

December 1, 2014 at 8:37 pm

A person just cant help but be sad when you know their problem and need they cant. Thanks brother.

19. Cynthia Reyes

December 11, 2014 at 10:12 am

A moving post, Levi. Sometimes, the hymns my mother used to hum around the house (which sometimes annoyed me when I was younger) stay in my head and I find myself humming along’with her’! She would have smiled.
    Two thoughts in response to your concern for that loved one:
    1: It’s never too late. some people take a long time. My mother probably wondered if I ever would fully accept God in my life. She strengthened me, by praising the things I did right, while encouraging a stronger faith by her example, and by her words about God.
    2: I’ve met some very decent, happy and morally upright people who do not believe in God as I do. Yet their actions and words are exemplary. Is your loved one leading an otherwise good life? If so, that’s something to be thankful for, even as you pray for this person to develop his/her faith in God.

20. The Gospel of Barney

December 17, 2014 at 10:46 am

From dream to reality is where it gets tough, but the dreams do bring hope!

21. Anna Waldherr

November 6, 2016 at 2:08 am

With Thanksgiving only weeks away, I was moved to read this again. You wrote, “Jesus is the only remedy for our hopeless condition.” That could not be more true. We are so far from where we ought to be as a nation. Not every table groans with plenty. But the Lord’s hand is outstretched to all, whatever their background, whatever their status. He is the answer, if we are wise enough to see it. Have a blessed holiday, Levi! ❤

November 6, 2016 at 12:57 pm

His hand is outstretched still (Isaiah 5:25). What a comfort to know. My hope is that have a truly blessed Thanksgiving too. It won’t be long. 😊