Our Holiest Example !!!!!!

02 Dec
Our Holiest Example !!!!!!

I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. (Psalm 16:8)

This is the way to live. With God always before us, we shall have the noblest companionship, the holiest example, the sweetest consolation, and the mightiest influence. This must be a resolute act of the mind. “I have set,” and it must be maintained as a set and settled thing. Always to have an eye to the Lord’s eye and an ear for the Lord’s voice—this is the right state for the godly man. His God is near him, filling the horizon of his vision, leading the way of his life, and furnishing the theme of his meditation. What vanities we should avoid, what sins we should overcome, what virtues we should exhibit, what joys we should experience if we did indeed set the Lord always before us! Why not?

This is the way to be safe. The Lord being ever in our minds, we come to feel safety and certainty because of His being so near. He is at our right hand to guide and aid us; and hence we are not moved by fear, nor force, nor fraud, nor fickleness. When God stands at a man’s right hand, that man is himself sure to stand. Come on, then, ye foemen of the truth! Rush against me like a furious tempest, if ye will. God upholds me. God abides with me. Whom shall I fear?

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on December 2, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

8 responses to “Our Holiest Example !!!!!!

1. Lionel Sneed

December 2, 2014 at 6:43 am

I love this Psalm.

2. realchange4u

December 2, 2014 at 7:03 am

Woke up this morning, eyes popped open. I took the first breath I was aware of and said I love you Father. I am so weak, he is so loving. I enjoyed this post Levi. Thank you for sharing.

Much love Tom

December 2, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Tom, the love you have for Jesus just shines. Thank you for your great testimony. 🙂

3. Susan Irene Fox

December 2, 2014 at 1:47 pm

“Always to have an eye to the Lord’s eye and an ear for the Lord’s voice.” From one sheep to another, amen, Levi.

4. Levi Thetford

December 2, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Lol. Thank you dear Susan. Have a great rest of the day! 🙂

December 3, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I love this Psalm; especially the end of the Psalm and it’s prophecy of the resurrection of Christ!