Trust and Do; Do and Trust !!!!!!

11 Dec
Trust and Do; Do and Trust !!!!!!

Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. (Psalm 37:3)

Trust and do are words which go well together, in the order in which the Holy Spirit has placed them. We should have faith, and that faith should work. Trust in God sets us upon holy doing: we trust God for good, and then we do good. We do not sit still because we trust, but we arouse ourselves and expect the Lord to work through us and by us. It is not ours to worry and do evil but to trust and do good. We neither trust without doing nor do without trusting.

Adversaries would root us out if they could; but by trusting and doing we dwell in the land. We will not go into Egypt, but we will remain in Immanuel’s land-the providence of God, the Canaan of covenant love. We are not so easily to be got rid of as the Lord’s enemies suppose. They cannot thrust us Out nor stamp us out: where God has given us a name and a place, there we abide.

But what about the supply of our necessities? The Lord has put a “verily” into this promise. As sure as God is true, His people shall be fed. It is theirs to trust and to do, and it is the Lord’s to do according to their trust. If not fed by ravens, or fed by an Obadiah, or fed by a widow, yet they shall be fed somehow. Away, ye fears!

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on December 11, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

11 responses to “Trust and Do; Do and Trust !!!!!!

1. realchange4u

December 11, 2014 at 4:25 am

We discussed Tuesday night at prayer that we were to be men of action. When we pray God moves us into action. We are but to trust and obey. God will do the rest. Great confirmation post from our brother Charles. Thanks for sharing it Levi

Much love Tom

2. Lionel Sneed

December 11, 2014 at 6:59 am

Amen!

3. tonyroberts64

December 11, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I’m reading “A Grief Observed” by C.S. Lewis and there is a passage about how easy it is to trust a rope as long as we are simply using it to tie a package. It’s much different when we are clinging to it while hanging over a cliff.

4. ropheka

December 11, 2014 at 5:26 pm

We are to wait for Jehovah’s guidance, once recived we are to obey trutsing He will provide for the task to be completed

5. David C. Hughes, Writer

December 12, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Excellent share, Levi–when I read this I recalled Genesis Chapter 12:1-3 . . . .

“Get out of your country,
    From your family
    And from your father’s house,
    To a land that I will show you.
    I will make you a great nation;
    I will bless you
    And make your name great;
    And you shall be a blessing.
    I will bless those who bless you,
    And I will curse him who curses you;
    And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

It always amazes and comforts me that Abram obeyed even when God didn’t even specify where Abram was to go–he trusted God would show him, so he went. If only all of us would be so obedient and faith-filled!

December 12, 2014 at 2:52 pm

It would be amazing if we were all so obedient. But, even Abraham had his moments like we all do but we, or at least I, I’m sure have more of them. I hope you and your family are enjoying the season. Nice hearing from you, David.

How is your book doing?

• David C. Hughes, Writer

December 12, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Hi Levi! Direct sales of both are going well. Online not so hot, but I’m being patient. God said “Go” so I’m going!

6. Susan Irene Fox

December 13, 2014 at 12:12 pm

“we arouse ourselves and expect the Lord to work through us and by us.” Love this one, Levi. Amen. Hope you are staying warm!

December 15, 2014 at 3:21 am