A Quiet Heart !!!!!!

12 Dec
A Quiet Heart !!!!!!

In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. (Isaiah 30:15)

It is always weakness to be fretting and worrying, questioning and mis-trusting. What can we do if we wear ourselves to skin and bone? Can we gain anything by fearing and fuming? Do we not unfit ourselves for action and unhinge our minds for wise decision? We are sinking by our struggles when we might float by faith.

Oh, for grace to be quiet! Why run from house to house to repeat the weary story which makes us more and more heart-sick as we tell it? Why even stay at home to cry out in agony because of wretched forebodings which may never be fulfilled? It would be well to keep a quiet tongue, but it would be far better if we had a quiet heart. Oh, to be still and know that Jehovah is God!

Oh, for grace to be confident in God! The holy One of Israel must defend and deliver His own. He cannot run back from His solemn declarations. We may make sure that every word of His will stand though the mountains should depart. He deserves to be confided in; and if we would display confidence and consequent quietness, we might be as happy as the spirits before the throne.

Come, my soul, return unto thy rest, and lean thy head upon the bosom of the Lord Jesus.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on December 12, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

13 responses to “A Quiet Heart !!!!!!

1. Rivera

December 12, 2014 at 6:17 am

“When you come to the end of yourself..
    God’s Grace is all that sustains..
    And that is enough.”

2. Heather

December 12, 2014 at 8:15 am

This whole thing is my prayer this morning… I’ve gone from one extreme to the other this week with family health issues and just feeling blue in general and I’m reminded again of what I read yesterday- Be strong in the LORD. Thanks for sharing such uplifting thoughts Levi!

December 12, 2014 at 8:18 am

Good morning Sunshine. Put on your pretty smile and spirit and have a better day. Be strong in Jesus. Have a lovely one, Heather. πŸŒΈπŸŒ·πŸ˜€πŸŽ„

• Heather

December 12, 2014 at 8:23 am

Good Morning Levi! I will : ) Thanks for the encouragement always!! I’m eyeing putting my tree up tonight!! Let there be LIGHT!!!! Happy Friday!

December 12, 2014 at 8:31 am

Good. Try to get in the Christmas mood. I went ice skating at Bryant Park last night after our branch Christmas party. It was fun. I l posted a lot of pics on Facebook the last few nights of Christmas sights in NY. Enjoy my girl. β›„οΈπŸŽ„

3. mzpresser

December 12, 2014 at 11:00 am

Love

4. ropheka

December 12, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I agree. It has gotten me through many difficult times to have confidence in Jehovah and it brings me peace

December 16, 2014 at 3:27 am

Tonight this devotional spoke to me concerning trusting in God

6. Cynthia Reyes

December 16, 2014 at 10:58 pm

A great reminder and one I can always use. Thank you.