Over Jordan With Singing !!!!!!

24 Dec
Over Jordan With Singing !!!!!!

Thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee. (Deuteronomy 33:29)

That archenemy, the devil, is a liar from the beginning; but he is so very plausible that, like mother Eve, we are led to believe him. Yet in our experience we shall prove him a liar.

He says that we shall fall from grace, dishonor our profession, and perish with the doom of apostates; but, trusting in the Lord Jesus, we shall hold on our way and prove that Jesus loses none whom His Father gave Him. He tells us that our bread will fail, and we shall starve with our children; yet the Feeder of the ravens has not forgotten us yet, and He will never do so, but will prepare us a table in the presence of our enemies.

He whispers that the Lord will not deliver us Out of the trial which is looming in the distance, and he threatens that the last ounce will break the camel’s back. What a liar he is! For the Lord will never leave us or forsake us. “Let him deliver him now!” cries the false fiend: but the Lord will silence him by coming to our rescue.

He takes great delight in telling us that death will prove too much for us. “How wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?” But there also he shall prove a liar unto us, and we shall pass through the river singing psalms of glory.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on December 24, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

13 responses to “Over Jordan With Singing !!!!!!

1. Cynthia Reyes

December 24, 2014 at 6:25 am

Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and healthy Christmas, Levi. thanks for being in my blogging community. You are God-sent to me and many others.

December 24, 2014 at 7:43 am

Thank you my dear friend. May God bless you and your family with a most wonderful Christmas, and a healthy and peaceful 2015. God bless.

2. Wally Fry

December 24, 2014 at 7:03 am

Levi…wouldn’t it have been great to hear Charles Spurgeon in person?

Liked by 2 people

December 24, 2014 at 7:41 am

Yes it would Wally. I have been to the church he pastored buf no recordings. I havd heard him and seen him though, in my mind. It seemed real. Lol. Merry Christmas brother!!!

3. jameslantern

December 24, 2014 at 7:29 am

4. Sarah the 7th

December 24, 2014 at 8:43 am

Dearest Levi, Thank you for your prayers and for remembering me when I strayed. I attempted to get that message to you the other day, when I returned, but, alas, e- boneheadism struck again! lol
    My friend, you are indeed sent to me from our Dear Lord. I felt your prayers as I was saved by My Lord through my loved ones.
    This post is so very true in my life. Just weeks ago, I was swayed by the devil, momentarily believing his lies, spewing my own and oh so rapidly ran toward self destruction! So terrifying that I can be so deceived, however I am but an occasionally frail human sinner. The Lord was and is here for me, simply for my request. I am relatively new to having true faith (life experience having left me unable to trust, even in the Lord) yet I can say this day that I am a true believer in my heart and the depths of my soul, the minute I new I’d once again succumbed to the devil, I cried out to the Lord to bring me back, guide me, forgive me, take from me my deep guilt and shame that keeps me at a distance from Him, and teach me to love myself the way that He loves me. The immediate peace I receive upon request still amazes me. Indeed my Lord never forsakes me, He allows me to go out and learn the hard way, as He knows how hard headed I can be, but still carries me through and brings me back to Him. I am a loveable, worthy child of God and He will not let me go until I can honor, properly this gift from Him, that is me. Lord guide me this day to love myself as you Love me, that I may serve You on Earth and carry out your will for me here, I Love You, Lord, and it is my greatest desire in this moment to serve in the way You put me on this Earth to.
    Levi, please know how very grateful I am for your posts, your prayers, and your invaluable assistance in finding my way to live and love as Our Dear Lord intends. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    With Gratitude and great respect,
    Sarah

Liked by 3 people

December 24, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Dearest Sarah, God will continue His holding onto you till the end. We are frail creatures with a bent towards sin. Its our nature to love it but the Holy Spirit indwells us to protect us and bring us back to Him. My continued prayers are with you and will be. I must tell you that i will stop blogging the last day of the year. If you have Facebook i will post on there. I just dont have the time to blog anymore as much as i love to. You know how to get ahold of me.

Merry Christmas to you and may you remain strong in your faith. God bless!!

5. Karen Pickering

December 24, 2014 at 10:43 am

Beautiful, encouraging words. Thank you, and Merry Christmas, Levi.

December 24, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Karen, I thought I had answered you but it doesn’t show that I have. Thank you very much. I wish you and your family a most wonderful Christmas. May God’s face continue to shine upon you. You are a real blessing to me. Thank you!!!

December 24, 2014 at 5:34 pm

May we ever be vigilant of the lies of the enemies whether it is a discouragement or flattery

7. Anonymous

December 24, 2014 at 8:08 pm

…AMEN…

8. VaSanganyado

December 27, 2014 at 7:52 am

Thank you Levi, for the post. When the enemy tries daily to misrepresent truth, by God’s grace I will be on guard. Knowing he is a life from the beginning and our God is the ancient word ever true, brings hope and joy even in face of trials.

December 27, 2014 at 9:54 am

I’m thankful that this spoke to you this morning. Shalom and God bless you. Thanks for sharing.