No Stranger In Heaven !!!!!!

31 Dec
No Stranger In Heaven !!!!!!

Today is the last of Spurgeon’s Faith’s Checkbook. It is a daily devotion that I have published every day in 2014. I know many have read it most days, and some every day. I hope it was a blessing to you.

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. (Psalm 73:24)

From day to day and from year to year my faith believes in the wisdom and love of God, and I know that I shall not believe in vain. No good word of His has ever failed, and I am sure that none shall ever fall to the ground.

Soon the end will come: a few more years and I must depart out of this world unto the Father. My Lord will be near my bed. He will meet me at heaven’s gate: He will welcome me to the gloryland. I shall not be a stranger in heaven: my own God and Father will receive me to its endless bliss.

Glory be to Him who
Will guide me here,
And receive me hereafter. Amen.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Posted by on December 31, 2014 in C.H. Spurgeon, Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

25 responses to “No Stranger In Heaven !!!!!!

1. jameslantern

December 31, 2014 at 4:30 am

you mean!okay you are blessed,wishing a happy new year

2. Wally Fry

December 31, 2014 at 6:41 am

Levi, I have read it daily since I found it..it’s been great. Thank you for it.

3. atimetoshare

December 31, 2014 at 6:52 am

Thank you for introducing me to Spurgeon. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts. Happy new year, Levi!

4. realchange4u

December 31, 2014 at 8:43 am

Thank you Lord for always being the lamp that guides my sometimes weary soul. I have enjoyed these post you have shared of Charles Spurgeon. They have reminded me daily of my mark abs target. I will miss them and you Levi. I guess I will have to read more of that small print in my library. Many thanks for being my friend on life’s road. Stay in touch.

Much love Tom

December 31, 2014 at 9:37 am

My pleasure, Tom. I have enjoyed blogging very much. I’m not taking my blog down but will not be posting except sporadically at best in the foreseeable future. If you want to stay in contact my email address is levithetford@gmail.com. Lord bless you my brother. Happy New Year.

5. Karen Pickering

December 31, 2014 at 9:49 am

Thank you for putting this up every day. Spurgeon is one of my favorites. Looking forward to Christ’s soon return.

December 31, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Karen, Spurgeon has been one of my favorites for many years too. Ive enjoyed posting them. Many have been introduced to him that knew nothing of him before.

6. Karyl

December 31, 2014 at 10:08 am

On the last day of the year I want to thank you Levi for being such a faithful supporter of my blog. You are my #1 commenter!!!! With 77 comments. Wow! Thanks for your likes, your following and your comments. They mean a lot. When you blog about the Lord, you are not necessarily popular! I think you know that! I hope God continues to bless you and your family! Cheers!

December 31, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Karyl, i love your blog and the way you write it. In 2015 i wont be around as much probably because i have not the time to blog. I had to give up something. Happy New Year and God Bless!!!

• Karyl

December 31, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Well it will make me savor your presence in 2014 all the more. All the best to you always!!

7. ropheka

December 31, 2014 at 1:58 pm

That is one of many good things about going to our Heavenly home: we will not be strangers there.

Happy New Year.

December 31, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Yes, for sure we will be no stranger. Happy New Year to you too brother. God bless!!!

8. IrmMa

December 31, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I haven’t read them all, but I hope to catch up on reading as soon as things slow down. I love Spurgeon.

“I put myself into His hand for guidance. I know not the way that I should choose: the Lord shall choose mine inheritance for me. I need counsel and advice; for my duties are intricate, and my condition is involved… The counsel of the infallible God I seek in preference to my own judgment or the advice of friends…”

Now there’s an awesome New Year’s resolution for 2015.Thank you for sharing, Levi. Many blessings to you and yours for a blessed New Year!

December 31, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Irma, thank you for reading these Spurgeon devotions each day. I wish you and your family a wonderful, blessed, and grace growing 2015. God bless!!!!

January 1, 2015 at 3:44 am

Thank you for faithfully sharing this for a whole year!

10. kstrick7

January 2, 2015 at 11:21 am

Levi- You always inspire me! God bless you on your new ventures. I will miss you blogging. I appreciate you always taking the time to return comments. You are a special person!! Hope you have a happy & healthy 2015!

January 2, 2015 at 11:26 am

Happy and blessed New Year to you. Thanks so much. I miss blogging already. I plan to post from time to time. Im posting small post on Facebook pretty often. Join me there if you are on there. God bless and thanks again. 🙂

11. Elouise

January 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm

What a wonderful last entry from Spurgeon. And what very sad news about your not blogging regularly in the new year. I’m sad to see your presence diminish; grateful to have found you–though the truth is that you found me! Your comments and encouragement have been lifegiving, Yes, you’re one of my top commenters in the last year! I love seeing your smiling face peeking out from the likes, and will miss it. I pray all is going well for you and your family–and for the ministry to which God has called and equipped you!
    Blessings and peace, my friend.
    Elouise

January 4, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Dear Elouise, i have already began missing blogging. All is well here except for time constraints. I just have too many things to do and i had to cut somewhere. I will stil be around, Lord willing, but with no regular frequency. I will still read my favorites, you included, when i can. Lord bless you and thank you for your friendship. 😀😀😀

• Elouise

January 4, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Hi, Levi. I understand your dilemma. It’s no fun making some decisions. As for the future, you’re welcome anytime, any day. No need for an appointment! I’m glad to know all is well at home.
        Elouise

January 4, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Yes, everything is wonderful here at home. God is good. I shall come talk to you soon, Lord willing. 😀