Saying Goodbye To Anxiety

06 Jan

January 6

Say Goodbye to Anxiety

1 Peter 5:7

It is a happy way of soothing sorrow when we can feel, “He cares for me.” Christian, do not dishonor religion by always wearing a brow of care; come, cast your burden upon your Lord. You are staggering beneath a weight that your Father would not feel. What seems to you a crushing burden would be to Him but as the small dust of the balance. Nothing is so sweet as to

Lie passive in God’s hands,
And know no will but His.

O child of suffering, be patient; God has not passed you over in His providence. He who is the feeder of sparrows will also furnish you with what you need. Do not sit in despair; hope on, hope ever. Take up the arms of faith against a sea of trouble, and your opposition shall yet end your distresses. There is One who cares for you. His eye is fixed on you, His heart beats with pity for your woe, and His omnipotent hand shall bring you the needed help. The darkest cloud shall scatter itself in showers of mercy. The blackest gloom shall give place to the morning. He, if you are one of His family, will bind up your wounds and heal your broken heart. Do not doubt His grace because of your tribulation, but believe that He loves you as much in seasons of trouble as in times of happiness. What a serene and quiet life might you lead if you would leave providing to the God of providence!

With a little oil in the cruse and a handful of meal in the barrel, Elijah outlived the famine, and you will do the same. If God cares for you, why do you need to care too? Can you trust Him for your soul and not for your body? He has never refused to bear your burdens; He has never fainted under their weight. Come, then, soul! Say good-bye to anxiety and leave all your concerns in the hand of a gracious God.

From Truth For Life Daily by Alistair Begg.

Posted by on January 6, 2015 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

23 responses to “Saying Goodbye To Anxiety

1. Heather

January 6, 2015 at 8:35 am

Love this : What seems to you a crushing burden would be to Him but as the small dust of the balance….
    Kinda helps put it all into perspective! Glad you found a new devotion to share Levi 🙂 Happy Tuesday!

2. Karen Pickering

January 6, 2015 at 8:41 am

Well placed hope. We certainly are not alone. Thank you, Levi.

3. apoetsheart51

January 6, 2015 at 9:31 am

On point

4. tellthetruth1

January 6, 2015 at 10:43 am

Reblogged this on The love of God and commented:
    This is so right 🙂

5. mzpresser

January 6, 2015 at 2:35 pm

This is so funny, holy spirit must be dancing around in Oklahoma too, this is so on point to what I posted! See we are family 🙂

6. poetrycottage

January 6, 2015 at 4:41 pm

One of the loveliest pieces of encouragement I have ever read. Thanks for sharing Levi.

7. Anonymous

January 6, 2015 at 4:46 pm

OH SMACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R U Kidding ME!!! I am doing Loop de Loops in my Living Room!!!! POWERFUL!! A WARRIORS CRY!!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!!!!!! OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!!!!! Encouraging one another with the Gifts that God has Given us!! WAY TO BE A DISCIPLE!! Lets NEVER Let Go of Putting it out there!! It CHANGES LIVES!!!!!!! LEVI YOU ROCK MY MAN!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

January 6, 2015 at 4:50 pm

He’s alive and well. That’s for certain. Thanks for the lively comment. It woke me up after lunch. Lol. Have a great evening. Shalom.

8. Anonymous

January 6, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Oh I levi I forgot to put up my name!! LOLOL Its Karen Melissa’s Friend!!

January 6, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Oh Karen. Lol. You aren’t signed in so I had no idea. Hope you’re doing well. Don’t get hurt doing those cartwheels. Lol.

9. Ann V. Friend

January 6, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Thanks Levi {{hugs}} this really helped me put today in a better perspective (smile) Abundant blessing, my friend!!

January 6, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Im glad it was what you needed today. Thank the Lord. Sleep well my dear. Shalom!!!

• Ann V. Friend

January 7, 2015 at 2:43 am

Thank you and praise The Lord, I slept well! {{hugs}} New day, new mercy and grace, by faith! God bless you Levi! (smile)

January 7, 2015 at 7:41 am

Im happy you slept well. Enjoy your whole day cradled in the mercies of God. 😀🌸

• Ann V. Friend

January 7, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Levi, I did and hashtaged # careless (smile)

10. Stacy Tolbert

January 7, 2015 at 12:45 am

…AMEN…

January 8, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Good devotional for our busy hectic lives!

12. Espirational

January 20, 2015 at 2:08 pm

You do find some good ones Levi. I have a couple of “canned prayers” I have ready for difficult times. I also like to sing a little chorus — “I cast all my cares upon you….” Got me through all those trips through Kansas City when we were moving to Oklahoma last year.

January 20, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. So you are an Okie now? If so, where do you live? We may be near each other. I have several followers nearby.

• Espirational

January 20, 2015 at 3:02 pm

We live on Grand Lake — about 6 miles from Grove. I grew up just over the border in Southeast Kansas so this is like coming home for me. This is the first place I’ve lived in years that people didn’t make fun of my Okie accent. 🙂

January 20, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Ok. You arent real far from us. We go to your neck of the woods from time to time. Depending on where i am, people react differently to my Okie accent. Back East they like it and out West they consider me a hick. Lol.