Are You Satisfied???

09 Jan

January 9

Are You Satisfied?

Jeremiah 31:33

Christian, here is all you require. To make you happy you want something that shall satisfy you, and is not this enough? If you can pour this promise into your cup, will you not say, with David, “My cup overflows.”1 When this is fulfilled, “I am your God,” are you not possessor of all things? Desire is insatiable as death, but He who fills all in all can fill it. The capacity of our wishes who can measure? But the immeasurable wealth of God can more than overflow it. I ask you if you are not complete when God is yours? Do you want anything but God? Is not His all-sufficiency enough to satisfy you if all else should fail? But you want more than quiet satisfaction; you desire rapturous delight.

Come, soul, here is music fit for heaven in this your portion, for God is the Maker of heaven. Not all the music blown from sweet instruments or drawn from living strings can yield such melody as this sweet promise, “I will be their God.” Here is a deep sea of bliss, a shoreless ocean of delight; come, bathe your spirit in it; swim an age, and you shall find no shore; dive throughout eternity, and you shall find no bottom. “I will be their God.” If this does not make your eyes sparkle, and your heart beat fast with bliss, then assuredly your soul is not in a healthy state.

But you want more than present delights–you crave something concerning which you may exercise hope; and what more can you hope for than the fulfillment of this great promise, “I will be their God”? This is the masterpiece of all the promises; its enjoyment makes a heaven below and will make a heaven above. Dwell in the light of your Lord, and let your soul be always ravished with His love. Get out the marrow and fatness that this portion yields you. Live up to your privileges, and rejoice with unspeakable joy.

1 Psalm 23:5

Truth For Life Daily, by Alistair Begg

Posted by on January 9, 2015 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

20 responses to “Are You Satisfied???

1. Wally Fry

January 9, 2015 at 7:47 am

I used to listen to his podcast..he’s very good

2. Stacy Tolbert

January 9, 2015 at 10:50 am

…I will be thier God…
    …dwell in the light of your Lord, and let your soul be always ravished with His love…

Yes, Yes, Yes, another great post Levi. Thank you brother. You have a great day and enjoy your weekend.

LOVE…GRACE…PEACE…

3. 10eveningflowers

January 9, 2015 at 2:37 pm

great post levi πŸ™‚

4. brianwilliamsen

January 9, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Amen! God is always enough.

5. Heidi Viars

January 9, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Thanks, Levi, for this great reminder … God is sufficient. Our deepest longings are fulfilled in Him. Nothing stills our thirst or stills our hunger except the Living Water and the Bread of Life! Blessings to you!

January 9, 2015 at 9:56 pm

His blessings upon you too, Heidi. Have a great weekend!!!

6. donna213

January 9, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Since I think God talks to us through nature and teaches us things we need to know, the lesson of being satisfied has nature striking a balance between having all that it needs to express itself, and never being wasteful. This is a good example of how we should approach being satisfied. When our needs are met, we ask for no more.

7. realchange4u

January 10, 2015 at 9:01 am

To be honest Levi. For the first time in my life, God is enough for me. I use to thirst for something more to go along with my relationship with him. Now I just want his will and nothing more. I am OK with that. I am in safe harbor and have good winds should I have to set sail on a task for the master. God loves is so much. Susan just posted a wonderful explanation of God’s love how uplifting. I appreciate you Levi and keep you in my prayers brother.

Much love Tom

Liked by 2 people

January 10, 2015 at 11:42 am

You are in great fellowship with our Lord to say what you did. Thank the Lord. You’re a blessing to me and many, Tom. Thank you for your prayers. God bless!!! Stay warm.

8. tellthetruth1

January 11, 2015 at 9:54 am

I will be their God, and they will be my people. We will see Him face-to-face. You couldn’t ask for more, could you? This makes my broken heart sing, right now, Levi, πŸ™‚

January 13, 2015 at 4:10 am

Challenging question but edifying

January 13, 2015 at 7:19 am

We ned to be challenged and stretched at times. Thanks, SJ