His by Donation, Dedication, and Relation !!!!!!

12 Jan

January 12

His by Donation, Dedication, and Relation

1 Corinthians 3:23

“You are Christ’s.” You are His by donation, for the Father gave you to the Son; His by His purchase of blood, for He paid the price for your redemption; His by dedication, for you have consecrated yourself to Him; His by relation, for you are named by His name and made one of His brethren and joint-heirs. Labor practically to show the world that you are the servant, the friend, the bride of Jesus. When tempted to sin, reply, “I cannot do this great wickedness, for I am Christ’s.” Immortal principles forbid the friend of Christ to sin. When wealth is before you to be won by sin, say that you are Christ’s, and touch it not. Are you exposed to difficulties and dangers? Stand fast in the evil day, remembering that you are Christ’s. Are you placed where others are sitting down idly, doing nothing? Rise to the work with all your powers; and when the sweat stands upon your brow, and you are tempted to loiter, cry, “No, I cannot stop, for I am Christ’s. If I were not purchased by blood, I might be like Issachar, crouching between two burdens; but I am Christ’s and cannot loiter.” When the siren song of pleasure would tempt you from the path of right, reply, “Your music cannot charm me; I am Christ’s.” When the cause of God invites you, give your goods and yourself away, for you are Christ’s. Never contradict your profession. Be ever one of those whose manners are Christian, whose speech is like Jesus, whose conduct and conversation are so reminiscent of heaven that all who see you may know that you are the Savior’s, recognizing in you His features of love and His countenance of holiness. “I am a Roman!” was of old a reason for integrity; far more, then, let your argument for holiness be, “I am Christ’s!”

Truth For Life Daily by Alistair Begg

Posted by on January 12, 2015 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

7 responses to “His by Donation, Dedication, and Relation !!!!!!

1. tellthetruth1

January 12, 2015 at 8:10 am

Reblogged this on The love of God and commented:
    This is extremely precious, by default 🙂

2. donna213

January 12, 2015 at 8:16 am

Holy thoughts, a nice way to start the day.

3. davidkitz

January 12, 2015 at 8:26 am

Reblogged this on I love the Psalms and commented:
    Here are some excellent thoughts by Alistair Begg.

4. Karen Pickering

January 12, 2015 at 8:45 am

Great words to help refocus in the midst of a long winter. Thanks, Levi.

5. Julie Harris

January 12, 2015 at 10:21 am

Amen! All to Jesus, I surrender 🙂

6. realchange4u

January 12, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Knowing that my body is the temple of God and his Spirit lives within me is something I use to claim all the time. It wasn’t until I began to really be thankful for all that God had done for me and I flat didn’t deserve it after the way I had treated him and he would still do what he had done for me. It was time for me to realize I belong to him and he loves me and why did it take so long for me to get it. We all have a choice. This is a good reminder who God is and who I am. Thanks for sharing Levi.

Much love Tom

7. The Gospel of Barney

January 12, 2015 at 7:40 pm

A unique Way of looking at it!