What! Not Help You?

16 Jan

“Do not fear, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel; I will help you,” declares the LORD, “and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭14‬)

This morning let us hear the Lord Jesus speak to each one of us: “I will help you.”

“It is but a small thing for Me, your God, to help you. Consider what I have done already. What! Not help you? Why, I bought you with My blood. What! Not help you? I have died for you; and if I have done the greater, will I not do the less? Help you! It is the least thing I will ever do for you; I have done more, and will do more. Before the world began I chose you. I made the covenant for you. I laid aside My glory and became a man for you; I gave up My life for you; and if I did all this, I will surely help you now. In helping you, I am giving you what I have bought for you already. If you had need of a thousand times as much help, I would give it to you; you require little compared with what I am ready to give. It is much for you to need, but it is nothing for me to bestow. Help you? Fear not! If there were an ant at the door of your granary asking for help, it would not ruin you to give him a handful of your wheat; and you are nothing but a tiny insect at the door of My all-sufficiency. I will help you.”

O my soul, is this not enough? Do you need more strength than the omnipotence of the united Trinity? Do you want more wisdom than exists in the Father, more love than displays itself in the Son, or more power than is manifest in the influences of the Spirit? Bring here your empty pitcher! Surely this well will fill it. Hurry, gather up your wants, and bring them here–your emptiness, your woes, your needs. Behold, this river of God is full for your supply; what else can you desire? Go forth, my soul, in this your might. The Eternal God is your helper!

Fear not, I am with you, oh, be not dismay’d! I, I am your God, and will still give you aid.

Truth For Life Daily, by Alistair Begg

Posted by on January 16, 2015 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

10 responses to “What! Not Help You?

1. mzpresser

January 16, 2015 at 7:38 am

Breathtaking

2. Karen Pickering

January 16, 2015 at 8:22 am

We serve am amazing God. The struggle is often we know God is able, but does he want to….Yes, He most certainly does. Thank you, Levi.

3. Sharon

January 16, 2015 at 8:53 am

Reblogged this on Continually Seeking Him.

4. ropheka

January 16, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I did not really concentrate on the artical. That verse jumped out at me and I just sat here and stared at it.It would nt leavemy mind. It seemed to hold me in its grip

Thanks. I needed that.

5. Susan Irene Fox

January 17, 2015 at 11:27 am

“Help you! It is the least thing I will ever do for you;” Amen, Levi. The thing is, his help doesn’t always look like what we imagine it to be. But he never fails us because he loves us.

January 17, 2015 at 11:31 am

Yep, sometimes His help isnt recognized until looking back. At the time it appears not to be help. And certainly His love is never ending. Do well my friend. Shalom!! 😀🌸

January 19, 2015 at 11:59 am

Comforting truth with things in my ministry right now

January 19, 2015 at 12:06 pm

I’ll be praying for you. We know God will use it for His glory. Lord bless you!!!

7. Elouise

January 19, 2015 at 4:27 pm

I love this. Very comforting and encouraging. I can’t ask for too much–ever! Nor will giving some of what I have been given bankrupt me–ever.
    Elouise