Incidents Of the Workings of God (2)

19 Jan

In my last post I told of an encounter where a gentleman stopped me out of the blue while walking down the side walk in Manhattan. The incident I’m about to tell you happened Thursday afternoon. I was in a meeting where 2 Jewish people had come to the Jews For Jesus office for a meeting to discuss Jesus from the Bible. They had both come to these meeting before, but individually. This is the first time either had met. Typically, the meetings are personal one on one meetings. In this case both knew the other would be there.  One of the people had come to faith in Jesus on the 26th of December. Her original contact with us was from the summer cold- brew coffee outreach. The other is still considering Jesus.

As soon as we all sat down the person still considering and unsaved said “I have something I just have to share. It only happened this week”. The person said  “when I was 4 years old my mother took me to kindergarten on the first day of school. While in line my mother met another mother escorting her 4 year old son. We met and continued to be friends all the way through high school. We lost contact for many years and happened to meet up with each other a few years ago. In fact, he had been an attorney right across the street from my office.

The attorney began to tell of an incident that happened to him this past Summer while he was walking out of the court house. A bird had flown over and dropped “you know what” on his fine suit jacket. He had another court appearance soon and had to get the mess cleaned off. He said he looked around and saw a Jews For Jesus table set up. He figured he could get some water there to get cleaned up.  When he walked up one of our missionaries from DC greeted him and asked if he would like a coffee or tea. He said no, I need some water to clean this mess off. Debbie got the water and cleaned him up and they exchanged contact information.

His name and information was entered into our database and he has been contacted monthly by the New York staff since the Summer campaign but had never made any contact with the him.  When our regular visitor heard this, she told the attorney that she had been meeting with us for awhile now. The attorney said that he wanted now to do the same. Now the chances of this occurring in a City of almost 8 million people is virtually nil. God is always at work to bring His people into the fold. The providential workings of God are so mind-blowing that I stand in amazement after witnessing it for 50 years now as a believer.  We serve a faithful, always working God, working behind the scenes as it appears to us. Stand in awe of Him today as we are on this splendid walk of life in Jesus.

Shalom, until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on January 19, 2015 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

30 responses to “Incidents Of the Workings of God (2)

1. Angel Burke

January 19, 2015 at 5:00 am

The astronomical calculations of Heaven’s miracles are staggering & impossible put #’s to.

Praise Him!!!

Sent from my iPhone

January 19, 2015 at 11:04 am

Yes they are Angel. It is fun to watch, isn’t it. Have a great week. 🙂

2. Wally Fry

January 19, 2015 at 6:19 am

Amen

I believe with all of my heart that if there is a person honestly seeking…that God will send someone specifically to them. You are proof of that. The question is, if we are the sent ones, are we willing to go?

Keep up your awesome work Levi. It so encourages me and thank you.

Liked by 3 people

January 19, 2015 at 11:27 am

God puts the desire in our hearts and then sets up how the process plays out. It’s phenomenal to watch. Thanks for your encouragement, Wally. Have a great week my brother.

3. tellthetruth1

January 19, 2015 at 10:07 am

Sounds like our Father is gonna bop him one, same as He bopped me just over five years ago! I am in awe,after reading this, Levi.

With me, it was Mum’s usual approach which always made me cringe. That same night, however; Christ had other plans.

I’m His, now. This man is sure to have his eyes and heart open. Can’t WAIT! 😀 Glory to God.

4. Levi Thetford

January 19, 2015 at 11:30 am

Isn’t it wonderful the workings of God? He will save His people from their sins. There is no escape. I love your story too, my sister. Have a great week. 🙂

• tellthetruth1

January 19, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Awww, Levi. You ain’t heard my story yet, but it’s ongoing. Through the fire. Glory to God. I am so scared that in my situation, I look like a false believer. I want to be in best condition, spiritually for Christ’s sake. Not to hear Him say, “Away from Me.” 😦

Love you Brother. Praying over this situation 🙂 xx

January 19, 2015 at 12:51 pm

That’s definitely one of those “WOW” moments that I talked about in my book. He is awesome, no question about it. He wow’s me all the time.

January 19, 2015 at 5:25 pm

God definitely knows how to surprise us. Hope you’re doing well dear girl. 😀

6. Susan Irene Fox

January 19, 2015 at 1:46 pm

I love the way God works, and that he has a sense of humor. Sometimes he works through a talking donkey; sometimes through birds. Surely, he had his eyes on this man, who needed to be pooped on to get his attention! 😀

Liked by 2 people

7. Elouise

January 19, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Levi, I love these updates! I hope you’ll be able to keep writing them. You have a way of squeezing every drop out of the 24 hours God gives you each day!
    Elouise

January 19, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Hello friend Elouise. I was smart and wrote them on my flights home from NY instead of talking to someone. I wasn’t around very friendly people coming home. Thanks for your encouragement.

• Elouise

January 19, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Very smart, indeed! Not that I’d always want you around anything but very friendly people…but this time, I’m grateful!
        Elouise

8. Old Things R New

January 19, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Th power of God’s touch in an individual life.

Liked by 2 people

January 19, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Incredible isnt it? So humbling and exciting. Thanks dear friend!!! 🙂

January 20, 2015 at 5:03 am

You Levi are a true gem! You outflow and you inflow – and you just flow!! 🙂

January 20, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Awesome purely awesome!

11. Cynthia Reyes

January 27, 2015 at 8:47 pm

God works in mysterious ways.

January 27, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Indeed it is, Dear Cynthia. His ways are way beyond ours. Hope you are doing well!!! 🙂

• Cynthia Reyes

January 27, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Good to hear from you. Your posts are not coming up in my WordPress Reader. I’m going to try to unfollow, then follow you again and see what happens.

January 27, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Cynthia, I haven’t had the time to post much lately. I’ve been tremendously busy, and in a good way. Maybe in a few days I will be able. Thanks for the encouragement. 🙂

• Cynthia Reyes

January 27, 2015 at 10:22 pm

You have indeed been very busy, plus travelling to New York and the hard work while there. But it is most important work, and I know you are blessed with a mission.
            we’ll be here when you take a break.

12. peggywright

February 28, 2015 at 10:31 am

Levi, I’ve not seen a post on your blog for a while. Are you OK?

Peggy

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:31:31 +0000 To: wright_peggy@hotmail.com

Liked by 2 people

February 28, 2015 at 10:40 am

Hi Peggy. Thanks for checking on me. I haven’t been on WP for a couple of months much, if at all. I have had to cut something for now for time sake. I’m very busy in Jewish evangelism and traveling quite a lot. I arrived in NY yesterday for the next 9 days and will be in several foreign countries over the next few months. Hope you are doing well. Thanks again!!! 🙂

13. peggywright

February 28, 2015 at 10:48 am

You are about your Father’s business. Go with God, my friend.