What Was Meant For Evil God Used For His Good!!!!

05 May

I’m on the plane just having departed Laguardia for Thetford Farms = Home. It’s been a great 11 days in NYC. I truly am a blessed man living in the quiet countryside of rural Oklahoma, and then to be able to spend months in the hustle and bustle of big cities among the diverse people groups of the world.

This past weekend I had some really great encounters and shared Jesus wth several, mainly Jewish people, at Union Square. On May Day every year Union Square reminds me somewhat of how Paul described to us in Acts 17 of Athens.

The park becomes the place for public expression of every cause under the sun. Thousands and thousands of people are present, both to speak and to listen and to discuss. On Sunday a nice looking, very clean cut young man was on the steps speaking. I have to tell you that by appearance this guy looked like the kind of fellow you would want your daughter to bring home.

image

I stopped to listen to him speak among only a small group listening to him. As I listened to his words I could hardly believe what I was hearing. He was spewing out the most anti-Semitic verbiage I have ever heard. He blamed all of the ills and problems of the entire planet on the Jewish people. He was again calling for the annihilation of the Jewish people.

There was a young lady standing next to me and I leaned over and asked her what she thought of his ideas. She stated she was Jewish and she was scared to death. I then found out that the only listeners standing were all Jewish as well. This is the first time I had ever stood before a person calling for me and the lives of my peoples deaths while he was standing so boldly in his proclamation.

This opened the door for me to have a 30 minute conversation with Hagit about Jesus the Messiah. This is the first time she had ever heard of the love of God through Jesus, and that He came to this earth to die for the sins of mankind so that we could become righteous if we would only trust Him. Please pray for Hagit that she will come to the knowledge of the truth.

image

After my conversation with Hagit I went up to the venomous young man and asked him some questions, which he refused to answer, and then I shared some of my thoughts with him. He left immediately after my words. The terrible thing is he was speaking using some biblical language and a few verses as proof for his ideas. It sounds a lot like WWII Germany under Hitler. My prayer is that God will spare another Holocaust type event from ever occurring and that King Messiah Jesus will soon return and set up His kingdom of true peace.

That’s all for now. Β I’m home for 3 weeks before leaving for Paris, London, and NY for 55 straight days. A busy summer is ahead of me. Pray with me that God will save many Jewish people in these 3 campaigns.

Shalom until next time, Lord willing,

Tags: ,

57 responses to “What Was Meant For Evil God Used For His Good!!!!

May 5, 2015 at 6:35 pm

He certainly learned that hate from someone. It’s sad to think someone that young can be so filled with hatred and so convinced he’s right. Wow, get some rest Levi. You’re going to need it for all that traveling.

May 5, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Yes he did learn it somewhere and I was trying to find out where but he wouldn’t tell me. Actually I have a lot to do. I can’t sit still long you know. Lol.

2. atimetoshare

May 5, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Continued blessings to you in youre travels, my friend!

Liked by 2 people

3. Karen Pickering

May 5, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Glad to hear an update from you. I will pray for Hagit. How wonderful that God used the hate speech of that young man to put the two of you together long enough for her to hear the good news of the gospel. Stay safe.

4. Megan

May 5, 2015 at 8:54 pm

So heartbreaking. Praying for Hagit and for that deceived young man. Bless you, Levi and all the work you do for the Lord!

May 5, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Anti-Semitism is really alive in our country when we want to believe, or always hear that it’s someplace else. Hagit is an Israeli girl and she said she’s lived in NY for a few years. She thought she had escaped the violence in the U.S. Thanks Megan. Hope you are doing well!!!

5. Melissa

May 5, 2015 at 9:01 pm

This is why I love you because you understand me like nobody else πŸ™‚

May 5, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Which part do I understand?

• Melissa

May 5, 2015 at 9:03 pm

The Jewish one πŸ™‚

May 5, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Got it. I do pretty fully understand it. It makes me fighting mad and then after I cool off makes me depend fully upon God. We live in very tough days. Come Messiah Jesus soon and bring in your Kingdom.

• Melissa

May 5, 2015 at 9:24 pm

It’s scary and sad. A host of the chat online for Sunday’s service at my old church told me I’m not Jewish anymore once I accept Christ. I was floored. The world is a scary place but for me the church is scarier at times.

May 5, 2015 at 9:32 pm

It’s seems like many churches and people who say they are Christians feel this way. Jewish people have a tremendous and glorious future but before that time comes it may be rough going. This is my greatest concern right now. I can’t wait to go to Europe in 3 weeks and see how the Jewish community is thinking and living there. Melissa, the Lord God of Heaven will give us strength that we didn’t know we had when that time comes. Remember Edith. πŸ™‚

6. Stacy Tolbert

May 5, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Praying for you and all who may work with you my brother. You are a busy servant of our Lord, a true soldier. I can’t waait to visit your mansion when we all get to Heaven πŸ˜‰

May 6, 2015 at 4:43 am

“I leaned over and asked her what she thought … This opened the door for me …”

You keep writing t-shirt slogans!! We need to start a business! πŸ™‚

And on a less flippant note – lovely to see your love writ large on our screens again! ((hug))

Liked by 2 people

May 6, 2015 at 11:35 am

Hey Paul. And we do wear T-shirts with different pithy words or thoughts that promote conversations. Glad warm weather is here. I will be working in London area, actually Hendon, June 21 – July 5th. I will be coming in from Paris. Are you anywhere around my path?

• paulfg

May 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm

North London! Now that is an offer I can’t refuse!! We are east of London by about 30 miles. But very “gettable” to where you will be. And will run up a couple of “Levi’s in London” shirts!! πŸ™‚

8. realchange4u

May 6, 2015 at 6:40 am

Lifting that young man up to the Lord. It’s interesting that you talked to him. Some might not of done so. Their being offended would have stopped them from doing so. We need brothers and sisters of Christ that will show mercy and grace instead of hate and judgement. After all we are the salt. God speed you Levi. Strengthen you and reveal himself to you. That you might reach the lost. So good to hear from you.

Much love Tom

May 6, 2015 at 11:36 am

Thanks Tom. This young man needs a real dose of the Spirit of God. Be well my friend.

• realchange4u

May 6, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Your welcome Levi. We have to believe that Jesus will intervene in his life. That is usually through us. As Jesus is our interssor so we must intercede for this young man. Sin has him captive. I remember when I was lost. Occasionally I will act like I’m still lost lol. You know when I lost my daughter my neighbor attacked me verbally and since then we have had several other encounters. God showed me how he was wounded and hurt but still showed mercy and sent his son to redeem all mankind. It is a hard thing to do. Often folks hurt us so badly. I apologize Levi of I am preaching here. I do understand your hurt though. Thank you for allowing me to reply brother.

Much love Tom

9. Angel Burke

May 6, 2015 at 9:14 am

I’m speechless. Do you h ave a share on Facebook option for this page? Can I share this article on my FB page?

May 6, 2015 at 11:31 am

Hey Angel, certainly you can share it. If you don’t see how to do it from WordPress copy and paste it.

10. IrmMa

May 6, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Levi, you are always in my prayers, that God can use you mightily. And He is. Be blessed.

May 7, 2015 at 3:19 am

Praying for your 55 days of ministry! Its sad to see the growth of anti-Semitism around the world including the West.

May 7, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Thanks for the prayers SJ. Anti-Semitism is alive and looks like it’s thriving even within some of the so called church. Hope you’re doing well!!!

12. jacqui

May 7, 2015 at 10:05 pm

This was quite shocking Levi and out in the open too, as you know I am Jewish and as a child being Jewish I had a very rough time with other Jewish children but it was under-cover. Thank you that you shared Jesus. God Bless ….. jacqui xx

May 8, 2015 at 10:18 am

Hi Jacqui. I hope you are doing well. Aren’t you in England? I’ll be there in July.

• jacqui

May 8, 2015 at 11:32 am

Yes I live in England …… Enjoy your trip Levi

13. Anna Waldherr

May 9, 2015 at 10:31 pm

I greatly fear that hatred and ignorance are spreading.

May 10, 2015 at 8:01 am

Yes, and my personal thinking is that it will grow much worse, even in the U.S.

14. Shaquana Gardner

May 10, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Oh Levi!!! Bless your amazing soul for this blessed piece you’ve share with us!! The power of God is shining all around you! It’s so bright, I can feel it touching my soul through this computer!! God blessed our world with an ordained soul when He sent you to us!

I am in love with your ministry and especially love to hear your powerful experiences whenever you bless the Big Apple! Lord knows folks down here need all the blessings they can get! You don’t need me to tell you to never stop doing what you’re doing, but I will anyway.

Please never stop, my love! To God be the glory! In Jesus name, Amen! And amen! Blessings to you always, my brother in Christ! A’se!

May 10, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Shaquana, you are too kind with your words. Thank you!! Lord willing I will continue as long as I can. I hope you are doing well, my dear girl!!! πŸŒΈπŸ’. Happy Mothers Day!!!!

15. Rebecca

May 11, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Anti-semiticism is hard to understand.

16. Rebecca

May 11, 2015 at 1:14 pm

I meant to write anti-semitism.

May 11, 2015 at 4:25 pm

It really is bigotry and hate I think Rebecca. Some worse than others but anti-Semitism has been around ever since the Jewish people have been around.

17. Cynthia Reyes

May 12, 2015 at 11:15 am

I have never understood how anyone can lay any claim to the Christian faith and hate Jewish people. Christ and his entire family were Jews! Or how any Christian can hate anyone for that matter. The hatred being spewed today towards the other Semitic peoples – Arabs – is also disgusting.

Sometimes I think all Christians should be required to re-read Jesus’ teachings regularly and fully understand them. Because so much that so-called Christians do in the name of God is a violation of what Jesus stands for.

That’s my rant for the day, Levi. Hoping that you and your loved ones are all well!

Happy Spring to all.

May 12, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Hey Cynthia! I don’t think that many people realize that every human on the planet is made in the express image of God. If they did, and would read their Bibles they would realize that hate against anyone is wrong. It’s good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well

• Cynthia Reyes

May 12, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Thank you, dear Levi. We give thanks for our blessings every day and sometimes every hour. To me, that’s “doing well”, in spite of challenges.

May 12, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I’m so glad to hear of your grateful attitudes, Cynthia. Life certainly has its challenges. It’s great you know the Source of life. Lord bless you and the family.

May 12, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I meant to say I hope you and your husband are doing well. 😎

18. Lilka Raphael

June 23, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Wow. Unfortunately the hate continues on many fronts but more so God’s love. May many more “doors” open on your journey. Safe travels to you!

June 24, 2015 at 1:59 am

Hi Lilka. Yes, hate and racism and bigotry are very much alive. I witnessed a horrible thing in this incident. I’m now in London as I write and a neo-Nazi protest is planned to take place in the Jewish community on the 4th of July. Please pray that it will not be violent. They are trying to run the Jewish people out of Europe.

19. Linda Arthur Tejera

June 29, 2015 at 9:42 am

It’s so sad. There will always be those who will never comprehend that we are ALL God’s children — that makes us ALL brothers and sisters no matter where we are on this life’s path. I hate to think of the awakening the hatemongers will have on the other side. Blessings, Levi.

June 29, 2015 at 12:01 pm

It’s very sad but that’s the world we live in. We are all created in Gods image and must look at all in this way. I hope you’re doing well. πŸ™‚

20. The True Light!

July 6, 2015 at 4:10 pm

My good friend Levi! How are you? You sound very well and are busy visiting places and spreading the gospel message. Good for you!

I am back to posting on a pretty regular basis now. Our congregation has a new minister and we are making some changes within the church…eager to look at some new ways to get the word out.

Glad you stopped in and I’ll be looking to share with you now and in the future, Lord willing!

Steve

July 7, 2015 at 6:44 am

Good morning Steve. It’s great to hear from you and it’s good that you’re posting again. I’ve not been on WP for the past couple of months at all. I arrived in NYC Sunday after having been working in Paris and then London for over a month. God has blessed our work in both places in many ways and so many stories of God’s working. Lord willing, we will be talking. I may have some time to post after I return home at the end of the month. Lord bless!

• The True Light!

July 7, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Levi, what a wonderful work you are doing! It sounds like the Lord has great faith in your abilities. Good for you!

I ask now for a blessing on you and your mission. May you be an effective minister of the Lord’s work and will.

I’ll look forward to your return to WP if that is to happen. We’ll certainly share visits and comments then.

Steve