Almost Home !!!

25 Jul

I write this while sitting on the initial leg of my flight home to Thetford Farms. I will publish it while on layover in Chicago. It’s been 54 days since I left home and I’m very ready to return. One can only be away from their own bed and family for so long. My mission work has been wonderful and blessed by God. I have many memories and experiences that I will always remember and cherish.
My journeys have taken me to Paris, London, and of course New York, my home away from home. Campaigns can be very arduous and long but God gives that extra strength and power that we may not ordinarily have. I have fared just fine physically and am in great shape. I’m only a little tired. In the course of this trip I have met some tremendous people which will be life-long friendships. I have adopted 2 new wonderful “kids”, Cara and Aden Friedman, Jews for Jesus South African missionaries whom I truly love. I have been able to share the love of Jesus with many, have prayed with many, and God has allowed me to reap some of His harvest as hearts have turned to Him. Not to forget some amazing meals. A real highlight was enjoying a “full English” breakfast with Paul Grace (Just Me Being Curious) while in London over some great fellowship.
People are the same the world over and have pretty much the same problems and concerns and hopes and dreams. I’ve enjoyed listening to these from hundreds of people and sharing and comforting as we sojourn together in this life.
I now understand Europe better than I have previously, and see more of where they come from. We Americans seem to think we are the world’s ultimate standard for everything. While we may be economically (possibly), I’ve learned that spiritually we aren’t. The warmest Christians I’ve ever met in my over 50 of being a believer were in 4 churches in Europe. These churches were the most loving, warm, inclusive bodies I have ever witnessed. They truly function as Christ body where the pastors and elders ministry is no more important than the rest of the body functioning. These churches didn’t ย function by the micro-management of “the clergy”, or just sitting under a preaching/teaching ministry, but they minister to one another as I’ve never witnessed, out of love for one another and for the lost all around them. It was very refreshing to see. The label of type of church meant little them. Jesus greatest commandment to love God and to love their fellow neighbor as themselves is their driving force.
I just wanted to share a few thoughts today and will share some particular incidents and people in the days to come. It’s good to be back.
Shalom, until next time, Lord willing,

Tags: , ,

32 responses to “Almost Home !!!

1. Old Things R New

July 25, 2015 at 11:06 am

Glad you are back and have encouraging words to share.

2. Angel Burke

July 25, 2015 at 11:17 am

May the Lord bless you and keep you, The Lord make His face shine upon you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you shalom!!!

Love it! Aden & Cara are beyond precious!! Love them very much too!

Sent from my iPhone

July 25, 2015 at 11:38 am

Angel, these kids are incredible. We connected from the very first meeting. They were so sweet to wake up at 5:45 to walk me out the door. So blessed to know them. Thanks for your kind words!!!

3. Little Monk

July 25, 2015 at 11:21 am

Delighted to hear you’re on your way back. MORE delighted to hear of the blessings you have walked through. You’ve been missed, even as you’ve been covered in prayer. And we’ll welcome your return to our little “bloggy netcastingwork”!

Joy, grace, and hugz!

The Little Monk

July 25, 2015 at 11:39 am

Well thank you, LM and thanks so much for your prayers. God has answered them. Hope you’re doing well. God bless!!!

July 25, 2015 at 11:48 am

I tell people quite often that the Lord has done mighty things within me, through me, and for me. I think, well I know, that He has used these past 54 days to do the same for you. Once you are able to sit back and really “chew” on all that He has done I think you will be blown away. He has used you in a mighty way, Levi and our prayers not only for your safety these months, but for the work He was doing through you were answered. It isn’t over yet, it’s a time for rest now, rest in His peace. You are blessed.

July 25, 2015 at 11:53 am

Sue, I agree that I have seen only some of the fruit and probably won’t see most of it until heaven. He allows us to see more than we need to keep us on fire. He is certainly gracious. Thanks for your ongoing prayers and support. Now rest today and tomorrow and I’ll be in great shape. Lord bless!!!

5. K. Q. Duane

July 25, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Congratulations on a blessed job well done. Welcome home.

6. Ron Whited

July 25, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Great to hear from you Levi! Just yesterday I was checking out your blog thinking I must have missed a recent post since it had been so long. Anxious to hear more about the love you experienced in the churches.
    Ron

July 25, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Ron, it’s great to hear from you. I will write as I have some time. I have much to catch up. Lol. God bless!!!

7. Melissa

July 25, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Glad you’re back

8. atimetoshare

July 25, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Looking forward to hearing about all your experiences. Safe travels on your final leg home. I’m sure you’ve been missed. Thanks for what you do!

July 25, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Thank you Miss Kathy. I’m now home under the gazebo visiting with my son in law. Lol.

9. talkingtothelord

July 25, 2015 at 5:26 pm

So glad you’re home Levi and that your work for the Lord was so fruitful.!!! What an amazing journey you have been on. Your memories of such loving people will stay with you forever and no doubt will urge you to continue on! God Bless!

July 25, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Thanks Katie. It has been quite a trip. God is so good to allow me to be a small part of His great work. God bless you!!!

July 25, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Welcome back stateside Levi! Loved the photos you shared and look forward to hearing the stories you have to tell.

July 25, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Thanks Elaine. I’m glad and thankful to be home. I’ll write some soon. God bless!!!

11. IrmMa

July 25, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Welcome back! Can’t wait to hear all the wonderful things that the Lord is doing through you. I have missed your words of wisdom.

12. Blue-and-Green-Together

July 26, 2015 at 12:05 am

Have missed your posts! Can’t wait to hear more. ๐Ÿ™‚

July 26, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Thank you!!! I’m glad to be back and share in the days ahead some of what God has done. Lord bless you!

13. Susan Irene Fox

July 26, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Oh, Levi, so good to see your writing again. Missed you, and so glad to hear all the good fruit you have produced.
    I bet you and Paul G had a wonderful time over tea. ๐Ÿ˜‰

July 26, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Hi Susan. Glad to be back although not everyday. God is always good and was so gracious this Summer. I had a great time with Paul over a full English breakfast and lots of talk. Glad to hear from you!! ๐Ÿ™‚

July 27, 2015 at 3:52 am

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time serving the Lord overseas!

15. JennG

July 27, 2015 at 10:50 am

Welcome back! So happy to hear that God blessed you and continues to do so! Have a great week!

July 27, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Hi Jenn. So glad to hear from you. Yes, God blessed and worked. It was great! You have a lovely week too!!

16. secretangel

July 27, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Awesome post and so glad you returned home safely. Our perceptions in this country are not always accurate. Sometimes, we need a little Light to shine to open our eyes. God bless you!

July 27, 2015 at 8:45 pm

The church in Europe has much to teach us for sure. The Gospel is the central focus and they don’t separate on the secondary things. God bless!!! ๐Ÿ™‚