A Thought From Paris !!!!!!

30 Jul

It’s been 4 days since I returned home from my travels and I have had some time to reflect on some of the trip. I was away for close to 2 months and I witnessed so much that I will never forget. Watching the hand of God caress and love and work in the lives of people is something you don’t get over.

Mission work is not all about seeing immediate results. Before there is a harvest of the fruit, someone must sow the seed, someone must nurture the young tender plant and water it, and then after the proper time and environment you reap the harvest. Much of our work was seed sowing, particularly in Europe. I spoke with people who had heard of Jesus but knew nothing else about Him. Without a Damascus Road experience it will take them some time to know enough to make a decision concerning Jesus. We spoke with thousands of people and have hundreds that want us to contact them to learn more. There are enough to keep the local missionaries busy for a long time.

There were others who were ready for the harvest, and how great it was to see. A few of us were walking down the sidewalk in Paris on our way to the train station. A young man in his 20s almost hit us while riding his bicycle on the sidewalk. He had not done it on purpose and immediately he stopped, turned around, and apologized. He noticed that our shirts said “Juifs Pour Jésus” which is Jews For Jesus in French. He asked us what we were about. We explained to him who we were and what we did and he began to speak about his experience in church. He said he had felt convicted of his sin at one time but said he didn’t want have to confess it to a priest. He said “if I’ve sinned before God why do I have to confess it to a man? Why can’t I just go directly to God?” He thought this was the only way to find forgiveness. We told him that he could and should go directly to God. That God hears all and was still waiting on him to come. Within a few minutes he was praying the sinners prayer with a missionary in his native tongue.

I have several stories like this that happened in my time away. God works extraordinarily through, and in spite of our feeble efforts. He is building His Kingdom and it’s great to be a very small part of His work.

Shalom until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on July 30, 2015 in Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , ,

22 responses to “A Thought From Paris !!!!!!

1. wingedprisms

July 30, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Good to hear this Levi. Excellent.
    cate

2. Levi Thetford

July 30, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Cate!!!

July 30, 2015 at 8:06 pm

God’s at work, no question there. Keep your notes in case He has you write a book. 🙂

July 30, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I have my notes but don’t know about a book. Lol. Lord bless you!!!

4. Karen Pickering

July 30, 2015 at 9:15 pm

Thank you for the update, Levi. It is good to hear from you. Please share more of your stories that show God at work.

5. Stacy Tolbert

July 30, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Awesome testimony Levi, and welcome back brother!!!

6. Megan

July 31, 2015 at 7:24 am

Thats awesome. Praise God! So glad to see you back and blogging again.

7. Susan Irene Fox

July 31, 2015 at 11:35 am

Oh, Levi, it will be so interesting to find out more about the churches in France. And I just know those seeds will turn into fruit as God tills the rich soil of the seeds that were planted by you.

July 31, 2015 at 12:50 pm

He is always at work, Susan, and His word doesn’t return void. This is a wonderful consolation to me because if we do our part the rest is on His wide all-powerful shoulders. God prevails and is building His Kingdom!!! Thanks as always!!!

8. Christa Madrid

July 31, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Inspiring and true! I’ve been on a couple missions trips oversees, and know I’ll do more in the future. One seed at a time!

July 31, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Hi Christa, so true. The main task is sowing but God is gracious to let us to be a part of the increase. I hope you are able to go on many many other mission trips. Lord bless you!!!

August 1, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Sounds like you had a busy summer!

10. Lilka Raphael

August 4, 2015 at 10:40 am

Beautiful.

11. Anna Waldherr

August 16, 2015 at 6:51 am

What a beautiful story! I wonder, did you encounter much anti-Semitism there? A Jewish friend of mine who travels regularly to France on business has been greatly troubled by the rise of anti-Semitism on the streets and in the press.

August 16, 2015 at 9:17 am

Hi Anna. I did face some anti-Semitism in Paris. It only happened on one day in one area of town. I had 4 different incidents but none physical. The Jewish community is on high alert in France.

12. The True Light!

October 22, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Hi Levi! It’s been a long time since we visited. I am glad to read of your missionary trips and admire you for taking the time to go out and preach the gospel in different parts of the world! May great success follow you and your friends who go along with you!

Steve

13. Anna Waldherr

November 22, 2015 at 12:18 pm

So much has happened in Paris, since your post was first written, Levi. Americans grieve for the victims of terrorism and their families. Hopefully, our nation will stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of France. I pray that justice may be done — if not in this world, then the next. Even more urgently, I pray that these terrible events will draw hearts to the Lord. This is a struggle between the forces of good and those of evil.

November 22, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Hi Anna. God is already at work in Paris. I have had much daily contact with Parisians since the attacks. One told me of Muslims that had discredited Islam and wanted to know about the true Jesus, because they had experienced true love from believers and don’t see this in Islam. When in Paris, I was deeply moved how open Muslims were to the Gospel. King Jesus is reigning and will be victorious. And I have heard that Parisians are returning cautiously to daily life. Let’s pray that their hearts may be opened more to the Gospel. They need our prayers.